Chapter 19

Josies POV
Bella walks to the door and brings Edward in. 'Was he even outside?' We stand up and walk over. "Chief swan, I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Edward Cullen" he says and they shake hands. "Hi Edward"dad says "hey Josie" "hi Edwardo"I say.He glances to my injury and looks to Bella "Bella won't be out too late tonight, she's going to play baseball with my family" Edward says "baseball?" Dad asks amused "yes sir that's the plan" he says. "Bella's going to play baseball?" He scratches his neck "well good luck with that" me and dad say. "I'll take good care of her I promise" Edward says and gets a look of confusion and looks up to me like he realized what he was confused about. They walk away "hey, still got that pepper spray?" Dad asks Bella "yeah dad" she walks away. 'That was weird, what did he notice?'.I sit back down and text back Seth and Leah. "Do you trust him? Do you think it will work out?" Dad asks sitting down too. "I don't trust him or think it will work out but if she's happy she's happy" I say.

Edwards POV
'She's pregnant. I'll talk to Carlisle but I'll leave it to myself cause of privacy'. "What happened to her arm?" I ask "she said she was going to see a guy she's been with, Paul, he hadn't talked to her in 2 weeks so she went to see him. She yelled at him and she said a wolf jumped in front of them but I don't believe that, the wolf should have killed her but it didn't. She also said she thought he ran and the wolf went after him" she says. 'Guy was a new shifter,he did it on accident it looks like cause she was yelling'. "And since when do vampires play baseball?" She asks "well it's the American past time and uh there's a thunderstorm coming,it's the only time we can play,you'll see why"I say.We head over.We arrive and walk to the rest of my family. "I believe it was accident" I whisper so only they could hear. They play it off but believe me.

Josies POV
"I'll be in my room" I say and go to my room. I lay down and hear thunder.It gets cold and I hug myself. I hear a rock hit my window. I get up and hug myself and walk to the window. I open it and look down "what are you doing here?" I ask "had to check on you, move back" Paul says and I step back. 'How is he shirtless in this weather?' He somehow gets in my window. He walks to me and grabs my arm to look at it. I wince and pull my arm back "sorry, arms sore" I say. "You ok?" He grabs my face "I told you I'm fine, it'll go away" I say. He kisses me slow "it'll turn to a scar" he says. I peck his lips and get on my bed "it's a reminder I survived a wolf" I say. He gets on the bed too and I cuddle into him "your so warm" I whisper and fall asleep.

Edwards POV
"A human?" Laurent says shocked. I glare at James "the girl is with us, I think it's best if you leave" Carlisle says"I can see the game is over,we'll go now" Laurent backs away surrendering.James andVictoria stay "James" Laurent tries to get them to leave too. They get up and all walk away. "Get Bella out of here, go" Carlisle pushes me away "and get Bella to take Josie with her, we have to protect her too" Carlisle whispers to me. I grab Bella and we run to my car. I get her strapped as quick as possible "Ok!Ok!I've got it! I've got it! I'm alright!" She yells and I get in too. "What now he's coming after me?"She asks panicked and I drive away."Listen to me James is a tracker,the hunt is his obsession, I read his mind, my reaction to feels set him off, I just made this his most exciting game ever, he's never gonna stop!" I tell her. "What should we do?" She asks "we have to kill him, rip him apart and burn the pieces" I say "where are we going?" She asks. "Away from forks, we'll get a furry to Vancouver—" she cuts me off "I have to go home now, you have to take me home" she says "you can't go home, he's just going to trace your scent there, it's the first place he'll look" I say. "My sister and dad are there— "it doesn't matter!"I say 'I only care for Bella, I'm not risking Bella for her sister like Carlisle said'. "Yes it does they could get killed cause of us!" She says "just let me get you out of here first alright"I say "it's my sister and dad, we have to go back! We'll figure out a way to lead the tracker away somehow I don't know, we have to do something!" She says.

Paul's POV
I'm just laying there staring at Josie when I smell a vampire. 'Cullen' I don't want to wake Josie so I stay alert not letting Sam know. They can smell me too and this is their territory. I can't leave Josie, especially now.

Josies POV
I wake up to Bella yelling and slamming the door."I'll be back" I say and he looks hesitant "it's my sister" I say and walk out. "I just have to get out of here, I'm leaving now" Bella says and slams her door shut. 'Leaving?'Dad knocks on her door "Bella,what's going on?" Dad asks. She comes out and goes to the bathroom "did he hurt you?" He asks "no" she says "break up with you?" He asks."no I-I broke up with him" she says and goes back to her room. "I thought you liked him" I say, she comes back out "yeah that's why I have to leave,I don't want this,I'm goinghome" she grabs her last things from the bathroom. "Josie your coming"she says"what no!"I say "your not going— dad tells me —your not driving home right now"he tells Bella as she goes downstairs. "You can sleep on it, you still feel like going in the morning I'll take you to the airport" we follow her down. "No I want to drive it'll give me more time to think, if I get really tired I'll pull into a motel I promise" she goes to the kitchen. "Josie, your coming" she says harshly and demandingly "hell no I'm not" I say "she isn't going if she doesn't want too" dad backs me up. She gives up "fine then tell me, why do you never find a relationship? Before I go, why do you just sleep around?" She asks with dad right here "...".