I'm Not So Sure

"This is the place I was talking about!"

"These look so good!"

Having been up all night with Tohru to make their class' rice balls, it took all Hiyori's effort to fight off oncoming yawns every few minutes.

Class 1-D was full of chattering students and teachers, and Hiyori was currently working her shift of handing out rice balls to customers. Though she was proud of the rice balls they made, she never would have expected them to be selling so quickly. They were down to only three plates left.

Her cousin and friends stood thanking customers. She couldn't lie; Hiyori was very confused when Hana arrived in a black cloak and a pointy witch hat. But then her friend explained that she was planning to both protect their rice ball stand from evildoers and provide fortune-telling for their customers.

The many girls who asked if they had any chance with Yuki all left extremely disappointed.

When some students walked away with plates in their hands, Tohru smiled and bowed. "Thanks for stopping by!"

A few of their classmates grinned. "Man, these are selling like crazy!"

"Rice balls were a great idea!"

"Perfect festival food!" Hiroshi nudged Hiyori with his elbow. "They're only selling because Kato and Honda made them so well."

Hiyori giggled sheepishly. Tohru waved her hands in protest. "No, no, it wasn't a big deal..."

"And the cat ones are adorable!"

Smiling, Hiyori glanced at the plate of variously shaped rice balls in front of her. Along with cats, there were a few mice, stars, and Hiyori's best attempt at butterflies. She was quite proud of them, even if they weren't perfect.

"I really didn't expect our station to be so popular." Her gaze went to the crowd at the front of the room. "Although -- well-made or not -- I don't think the rice balls are the reason that we've had such a great turnout today..."

Her friends followed her gaze. Standing there was a crowd of gushing girls, most of them with their phones out in order to take pictures. And in the middle of them was Yuki.

Correction; Yuki, who wore a long, pink, frilly dress. Hiyori would be lying if she said it didn't look good on him.

"Stop this!" Minagawa and her club placed themselves between Yuki and the crowd of girls. "No pictures permitted without permission! Yuki clearly doesn't like it!"

Smiling weakly, Hiyori watched the commotion. 'It really was nice of Yuki to do this, but I get the feeling that there's a lot of regret on his part...'

Not long after the start of the festival, a big group of third-year girls had stopped by their class with the very dress that Yuki wore now. They begged him to wear it, claiming that "it would be the best memory of their three years in high school!". Yuki, being his kind self, had been unable to refuse their pleas.

Up until now, Hiyori hadn't realized just how many fans Yuki had. But what seemed to be the entire school had been popping in to get a glimpse of him all day. And it wasn't just girls coming to see him; Hiyori hadn't missed the male students who dropped by, too. Even some of the teachers had paid a visit.

Evidently, Yuki was a beauty admired by all.

Taking another look at Yuki, Hiyori blinked when she caught him glancing her way. Then she noticed him glancing at Tohru before turning away from them completely.

Tohru didn't miss it either. "He won't look at me. I hope I didn't make him angry somehow..."

"Nah, just ignore him." Smirking at his cousin, Kyo joined them. "He gets really insecure about his face sometimes, 'cause it's so pretty."