Is That Really Okay?

Second last chapter someone cry with me

and also vote & comment pls

"Do you like cherry blossoms?"

In the springtime, the neighborhood was always full of cherry blossoms. Hiyori thought fall leaves were prettier, but the cherry blossoms were really pretty, too.

"I dunno." Sitting on the swing beside her, Kyo shrugged. "I guess I don't...not like them. But, you do, right?"

Unable to stop herself from smiling, little Hiyori nodded. "Mm-hm! They're my favorite part of spring! W-Whenever they start blooming, my auntie takes my cousin and me for picnics outside! They're always lots of fun!" She looked away from the trees to face him. "Do you ever have picnics with your dad?"

"Nah. He's a terrible cook. We usually can't risk having more than rice for every meal."

She blinked. "...That...doesn't sound very nutritious..."

"It's fine." He glanced up at the sky. He was smiling -- that little smile that she learned was reserved for when he spoke about his adoptive father. "I just think that I'll have to learn how to cook for both of us. No big deal."

She smiled. "Right."

"Hey! Is that Kato?"

Upon looking up, Hiyori tensed almost immediately. She recognized the two boys approaching them at the park; they were from her class. They would eventually be part of the group who chased her and Tohru around the neighborhood until they ended up lost. The boys had never been nice -- they were bullies.

"What's this?" One of the boys smirked as they approached. "Did you find yourself a boyfriend, Kato?"

Hiyori turned dark red. Next to her, Kyo tensed, too. "Who the heck are you idiots?! You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh, he's getting all defensive!" The second boy snickered. "They must be on a date right now!"

Still bright red, Hiyori shrunk into herself. "N...No -- we're -- "

"No way!" The first snorted. "They're just sitting there -- they're not even swinging! Besides, we're talking about Kato, here! Like she could get anyone to like her!"

It didn't seem possible, but she flushed even more. She gripped the rope of her swing a bit tighter, trying hard to fight the sting of her eyes that signaled oncoming tears.

The second cackled. "Yeah, you're right! Who could like a weirdo like her?"

They both laughed. Hiyori was used to it, but it was different with Kyo sitting beside her. She tried even harder than usual to fight her tears, but that alone just seemed to make it harder.