Can You Give Me a Chance?

Vote and comment or I won't update again I'm so serious

Jk jk

...but fr comment to lmk your thoughts pls and ty :)

but fr comment to lmk your thoughts pls and ty :)

"They both died because of me."

'Hearing that could have broken my heart. If I really believed it, I don't know what I'd do. But I...'

For Akito to be soaking wet with feet and clothes scuffed and stained by mud, she must have run straight here from the Sohma estate. As for why, that was only one of many questions to wonder. After everything that happened in the past few minutes, after everything that was said, there was too much to think about.

Since that last night at the vacation house, they had neither seen nor heard from Akito Sohma. So Tohru and Hiyori were a justified mixture of confused, surprised, and even slightly nervous.

That last one was fair considering the fruit knife in Akito's trembling hands.

Bare feet splashed in a puddle of water on the ground. Akito took slow, shaky steps closer to them. "...It's...too late..."

Still holding Hiyori's shoulders, Tohru watched her. "Akito..?"

"It's over..." Akito's head stayed down as she paused a few feet from them. "The end is here..."

"I'm...disappointed in you."

A lump formed in Hiyori's throat as she stared at Akito. 'Hearing that hurt. But even so...I saw his eyes shining through his orange hair. They spoke words of their own. They said...'

"I'm sad. I'm so sorry. I don't want this."

'And learning what he's been going through this whole time...Learning how much pain he's felt...Seeing him shed those tears...' She gripped her wet skirt. 'That broke my heart the most.'

"So, what now..?" Akito's quiet voice trembled. "Will you throw me away? Abandon me? Will you move on...and leave me behind?"

Hiyori heard a quiet gasp from Tohru. The grip her cousin had on her shoulders got slightly tighter. And she couldn't see it, but tears had formed in Tohru's eyes.

The rain was slowly tapering off. The three of them still stood there in the front yard under the dark and gloomy sky.

'I know how it feels to be left behind. To feel completely alone. Tohru knows it, too...' Hiyori stared at the trembling woman before them. 'Akito...'

~🦋~

When Tohru revealed to him that she and Hiyori were living with Kyo and Yuki, Daichi was rightfully shocked. But, in retrospect, it explained a lot, such as how and why the four of them had suddenly become so close, and also why they always came to and left school together.