- f o u r -

I slept in Keagan's bed with him that night but slept is a bit of an over-exaggeration. He slept and I stayed up all night worrying.

My thoughts were consistent. Lukas.

What if he found me? What if he's angry I ran from him? Who am I kidding, of course he's angry. His mate just ran from him. His reputation doesn't have room for problematic mates that run from him, tail between their legs.

My wolf was aching and whining.

7am finally rolled around and my alarm broke the silence. Keagan groaned as he woke up and I turned the alarm off.

"Rise and shine, sweetie," I teased and got up to turn the light on.

"I don't have plans today why do I have to be up right now," he whined.

"Lucky you, you get to come to my house with me to get my stuff. I doubt he stayed there all night, but I'm not taking chances."

He complained his way through his morning routine and made sure I knew he didn't want to be awake.

He didn't bother to get dressed and just brushed his teeth and put his shoes on.

Keagan drove me home because I ran here instead of driving and I don't feel like running right now.

I hurried inside and checked just to make sure he still wasn't in my house. After I cleared it, I got ready. I put on the ugly uniform that I had to wear for my job at a convenience store and threw a bunch of clothes into a duffel bag.

I grabbed my toiletries and shoved them into the bag. I then checked my soccer bag and made sure I had everything I needed.

Today's training was just a sprint workout and stretching. We do training sessions every Sunday aside from our Monday-Friday practices.

They are technically optional but everyone knows when a coach says optional, it's not really optional.

Plus training is way easier and chill than practice so what's the point of not going.

We also had a game coming up on Tuesday and I'd rather not be benched because we are playing last years state champions.

We lost to them in the championships and took our place as second. Second isn't good enough for me, I want to be first.

I've been training overload for this and perfected my footwork. If I'm going to do something, I might as well be the best at it.

That's how I landed my spot on Varsity as a freshmen and sophomore.

I carried all my stuff outside and dumped it into the back of my car. Keagan saw that I successfully got in and out of my house and waved before pulling out of the driveway and going home.

I got in and started driving towards the gates and stopped to talk to Alec.

"Alec, if anyone asks tonight, I came home right after soccer and you saw me," I tell him and he laughed at me.

"Don't do anything dumb, Grayson. I know that's a lot for you to handle."

"Thanks bro, I owe you," I grinned and drove through the gates.

I heard him grumble about me never paying him back but decided to ignore him.

My work was about 10 minutes off of pack territory and in the human town. The town was on the nicer side and the store I worked at didn't really suck that much.