- e l e v e n -

"Wow the prude can swear I thought it didn't have that capability." I rolled my eyes.

Lukas' eyes grew darker and darker with each insult that slipped passed my lips. I knew he was on the verge of losing control but I simply do not care.

"You actually did just admit I'm a child so do you admit you're a pedophile now?—" a hand roughly grabbed my chin and forced my face to stare into Lukas'.

"For the love of the Goddess, Grayson. I am handling all of this like an adult because I am one, you are are handling it like a child because you are one. Those two viewpoints do not mix so I need you act mature for 5 minutes so we can actually sort through at least one of our problems instead of arguing like elementary school kids because I know you are capable of being mature or else I wouldn't ask you too.

For starters, I am not a pedophile. A pedophile is someone sexually attracted to children. I am in no way trying to use you for sex Grayson and I am in no way planning on doing anything like that with you for a long long time. I've explained this to you, I explained the law, how I would never do anything to you before you are of age and without your full consent. I care for you Grayson but you are so unappreciative.

Secondly, I shouldn't even have to force my mate to come live with me. You should want to! I can actually promise that the life I can give you in Maine is 100x better than the life you are living right now. They're are tons of boys your age within my pack and you can have all the friends you want. The soccer team at the school my pack attends are 7-year state champs. I wouldn't make you cut off all connections from this place either. You can have your friends or family over or visit whenever you want.

I could not care less about having a "picture perfect pack." I am not trying to show off to anyone on how well my pack runs or anything like that. I don't want a picture perfect mate I just want you to accept me."

His voice turned soft at the last sentence after previously being persuasive and informative.

"Unappreciative? That's what I am? That's so fucking messed up-" My soon to be rant about how I am not unappreciative was cut short with the ringing of an alarm coming from the nightstand.

I stared at the ringing phone in annoyance and I saw Lukas bite his lip in the corner of my eye at the sudden sound.

Hot.

What? Not hot. Not hot at all.

Lukas reached for his phone and turned of the annoying sound that was giving me a headache at the repetitive noise.

"I hate to do this Gray but I have one last important meeting to attend before we can go. I know you're upset so go talk to that little friend of yours and say some goodbyes and get to packing. Please, Gray." He said as he got up and rebuttoned his dress shirt and tucked it into his pants. He grabbed his belt and tie and quickly put those garments on before finally putting on his shoes.

"Why do I feel like I'm being ditched after a one night stand." I muttered watching him redress. I've done this to girls plenty of times I just never knew what it felt like for them. Not that I would ever compare myself to a girl or sleep with Lukas, nor do I care for Lukas is leaving.

At least Lukas is leaving at least just for a few hours. I can not wait to be left alone for awhile and probably get the fuck out of here.

Lukas walked towards the nightstand and grabbed a notepad and pen and scribbled down something before ripping it off and giving it to me.

"Here's my number if you need anything don't hesitate to text me. I hate to leave, especially right now because you are going to feel a bit sicker when I leave so if it becomes unbearable or you can't handle it just text me and I'll come right back."

"I need you to leave me alone." I muttered taking the note that was basically being shoved into my hands.

Lukas sighed, "Seriously, Grayson. I will get back
to you as fast as I can but I will ditch at any moment if you ask me to."

Lukas grabbed his phone and started for the door before turning around and saying, "Please be responsible while I'm gone Grayson. Please also be safe and productive as well. I'll be back later to help you finish packing then you can yell at me all you want but after that, no more whining."

With that he walked out the door, shutting it behind him leaving no room for my response.

I stared at the door for a minute before laughing. Safe and responsible my ass. Productive? If you call getting drunk off my ass and finding some new place to crash at then yeah I am going to be hella productive.

I climb out of bed and look around the room for a
moment. I am most likely in a guest house that Alpha Lukas was given for his stay. Everything around the room was somewhat tidy aside from a few articles of clothing laying around the room and a suitcase laying open on a chair in the corner of the room.

Might as well snoop before I go.

My feet hit the cold floor as I walk to the suitcase and dig through it. The clothes inside were professional and very expensive looking; boring. The colors were limited between black and white with a splash of navy. His clothes are almost as dull as his personality.

I rummaged further towards the bottom and found a layer of lounge clothes. I didn't know he was capable of dressing like he doesn't have a stick up his ass. I picked up one of the crewnecks and across the front it read "University of Maine."

Do alphas go to university? Where would they find the time? I am not surprised that Lukas went to university though. His narrative is probably, "Oh look at me I have my whole life together. I can run a thriving pack and attend university all at once."

A rack of shivers ran through my body likely caused by the fever I was starting to develop. Stupid Alpha Lukas causing me to get sick whenever he's not around.

I looked at the crewneck in my hands a shrugged. The least he can do. I slipped it over my body and was comforted by the smell of Lukas that clung to it. Gross. I slipped in my shoes that were placed neatly by the door and grabbed my phone my the nightstand. I stared at the crumpled piece of paper that I had disregarded by the bed and hesitantly slipped it into my pocket.

Doubt I'll use it but who knows I might need bailed out of jail. He's rich and he probably won't allow his mate being in jail to stain his reputation.

I flipped the lights off as I left the room and went on my merry way, off to go fuck up my body.