- s e v e n t e e n -

Lukas POV

I know Grayson has been awake for 20 minutes. His breathing gradually became a lot lighter and his heart beat quickened. His grip around my waist loosened.

His head was tucked right in the crook of my arm and his arms were looped around my waist. One of his legs was sprawled across mine and the other laid straight.

Of course I didn't lay him like this. I massaged his back and when I was done and he was asleep, I cleaned up downstairs. I finished some mandatory tasks while Grayson slept so when he woke up I could give him my full attention.

I checked on him a few times periodically and in my absence, he sought comfort in my pillow and was gripping it to his chest. I only left him for about an hour and a half and when I finally laid down beside him, he immediately clung onto me. He loves to cuddle when he sleeps and I love to return the affection.

I had paperwork I was going to work on since I was behind from being gone and being preoccupied with Gray but I decided I would just do it later. I wanted him to sleep good and I would let him cuddle me however he pleased. His comfort is more important than my convenience right now.

It warms my heart to know that Grayson is still cuddling me even though he's awake. Of course. he probably thinks that I think he is still asleep and I'll let him believe it because I don't want to ruin moments like these.

I can tell the mate bond is starting to pull more harshly on him but I also knew he couldn't avoid it forever. He's destined to be perfectly compatible with me and if that Goddess wants it to happen, she will make it happen.

In the meanwhile, Grayson can take all the time he wants to get to know me and to see me as his mate. I know that in the end, he will be mine and I will be his.

I messed up with him already, ruining his trust and acting against his will, I can't afford to screw up again. I stand by what I did because it needed to be done. I've only known Grayson for a short
time but I know that if I gave him full control, we would get no where. Grayson likes to run instead of facing things head on and while that trait can be positive, in this situation it is negative. I'm not someone he can just run from. I want him to be running to me.

I twisted and tugged softly on Grayson's hair that was sticking out in all directions and ran my hand through it. Grayson nuzzled into my touch subconsciously and I smiled. He denies liking it but his body doesn't lie like his mouth does. I'm glad I found a form of contact that he likes. In time I'll learn his body inside and out and what he does and does not like. I want to know every aspect of him.

I continue to do the small act that he enjoys and he started to doze off again. He needs his sleep and time to recover but I have a surprise for him that I know he won't want to miss.

I feel bad that he can't play in his game tonight because in the short time I've known him, he's expressed so much passion for the sport. It's really the only passion he's mentioned, well, other than his hate for me but that will change eventually.

Soccer is an amazing and beneficial thing for him to be interested in and I don't want that taken away from him. There's some club teams around here that he can play for next winter season if he wants as well as the school team in the fall. I want him to do whatever makes him happy.

But for the time being since he's injured and away from Oregon, I have been communicating with Alpha Straits about how to live stream the game he is missing tonight. He sent me the school's youtube channel and told me Varsity plays at 6:30. Right now JV is playing but I didn't want Grayson straining himself to much by staring at screens that long. They'll post the game so he can watch it later when he's better. I figured he'd rather watch the Varsity game since that's the team he played on.