Chapter 2

"I want to hit the fish murderer on the head with the wooden cutting board"  

or

The day the Jackson-Fury household became fish vegetarian

 Agent Phil Coulson had been with Director Fury since their training days. You could almost say Phil was Fury's best friend but Fury didn't do friends. But when he got a call a few years ago about a young abused boy his boss wanted to adopt, you could say that it was the third time in all his agent life that he cursed out loud in SHIELD.

"Happy Birthday Percy,"

"Thanks, Uncle Phil! I can't wait to open it!"

 Phil smiled at Percy who put the present away at the 'present's table'. The table was an idea Percy had when they celebrated one of his birthdays with them and wanted it to seem he got more presents if he opened all of them together. Phil could remember the first time he saw the boy, he was a quiet kid at first and was traumatized from his mother's murder. Fury told Phil all of the details on how he found Percy. And Phil was very surprised that Fury could be a great father, he trusted his boss on a lot of things but babysitting or just children in general never came into mind. But Phil also knew how much Fury loved his family and Phil was glad Fury decided to take Percy in, I mean who could hate such a sweet kid?

Agent Phil and Fury both sang the song and Percy happily blew on the candles on his birthday cake.

"Did you make a wish Percy?" Phil asked the now eight-year-old boy

"Uncle Phil you said that if I tell you my wish that means that it would never come true?" Percy asked the spy "Like never ever forever?"

"Yes, so don't tell us!" Phil smiled thinking it was an innocent question of whether his nephew should say his wish or not.

But Percy's face hardened and his eyes grew distant. Phil was starting to get worried but Fury soon put a comforting hand on Percy's shoulder and Percy looked up to Nick and gave a wobbly smile. He turned to Phil and said,

"If that's true then my wish is that I will leave here forever and not stay here" Fury's eye-widening was the only sign that he was surprised

"So, in other words, since you told us your wish and that means it will never come true..." Phil trailed off suddenly feeling a hot burning feeling in his eyes. Phil looked at his nephew's eyes and saw love and trust. Phil felt his heart ache with sadness that Percy felt like he needed to get reassured that nobody could take him away, but also happy that he loved them that much.

"-You never want to stay forever and not leave" Fury finished and Percy nodded

"Yeah, I mean- I love being with you guys... and ever since that teacher mocked that girl in class about not having parents- something about home life or whatever.... I just.... Got reminded of- well..." The room was quiet, there were no words spoken but Percy knew that Nick and Uncle Phil knew that he was talking about that his biological father was probably dead and the fact that his step-father killed his mother. Percy was always thankful that he had someone who took care of him and supported him. But he never thought what he would have done if Nick didn't come and save him, but the incident with the old sot of a teacher made him think about stuff he didn't want to think about, something he ignored. The fact that it would have been him that the teacher would have targeted because he didn't have any parents, the fact that he would've not had Nick in his life

'I would probably be dead if Nick didn't come and save me' Percy thought.

"Nick?" Percy said getting the adults out of whatever thoughts they were thinking

"Yes, Percy?"

"Can we go to the zoo now?" Phil chuckled

"Yes, I believe so.

-----

Percy was feeling sick. He didn't even know why! Was it because he had too much blue food dye for his food this morning? It can't be because of the smell, he loved the ocean!

Fury had taken Percy to a nearby festival that was near the zoo. Even though it was mid-summer, since it was near the ocean people were selling and showing casing fish or sea animal-related toys and stuff. Percy had followed Phil, who liked decent sushi on some days, had gone to look at a sushi stand that a Japanese man was working his skills to a bunch of people.

But the way that the fish flopped around as the knife impaled the fish alive made Percy want to vomit. Percy could swear he heard a scream for help. Luckily Nick noticed his son- uh Percy and bent down to ask if he was feeling okay.

"I'm fine..." Nick gave an unimpressed look

Percy admitted at he felt like he wanted to throw all the fish back into the ocean and use the wooden cutting board to hit the "fish-serial-killer-guy" on the head. Nick's first thought was if Percy wanted to be a vegetarian. But he recalled the boy eating his hamburger and fries with extra patties and shook his head. Nick took one look at Percy's sea green-blue puppy-dog eyes, plus the kid looked a little green on the cheeks. So Nick signaled Phil and headed to a game stand. Nick felt like his choice was a good one, as later in the car when it was revealed that Percy heard and he swore that he heard a scream from the fish to save them. Nick merely thought it was due to his trauma of the incident but he got a feeling that it was something more but he just couldn't get a grasp on what it was.

After that in the Jackson-Fury household, there wasn't a single fish-related dish ever again. Even Phil decided not to eat them after an incident with bad sushi.

Well, Nick never really liked seafood anyway. Anything for his son. Nick thought as he put Percy into bed and watched his boy cuddle into the 'Nemo' he bought at the festival.

------------------------------------

Author note

First of all, I want to thank you for all the positive feedback and the votes on this fic. I love getting comments! I don't even mind if you criticize some things. Feedback in general I think can help me improve my writings. Anyway, thanks for reading my fic ^^

Also, I had originally planned to upload every one or two weeks or so but it is exam week soon, so the next chapter will be kinda late. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day-night-afternoon whatever time you read this! ^^