Chapter 4

How not to have a nice day

Percy stood in front of his classroom door. It was the first day of school and the hallway was filled with students greeting each other, swearing could be heard as students had to see their new locker's miserable state. Just like himself, Percy thought as he sighed. Not only that he was a new kid, the transfer student he didn't know anyone from this school! He had heard that this school was a part of the STEM learning thingy thing so some schools were connected. It meant that all of the students probably knew each other since Kindergarten! The least to say Percy was nervous. He reminded himself trying to calm his nerves that he wanted to change schools so he can learn better, Nick assured him that this school (as a school should be) would help him learn despite his dyslexia. But Percy had doubts, his last school labeled him as a trouble maker, even if his ADHD and dyslexia made him a little distractive it didn't make him a delinquent, also it wasn't his fault a large man followed him when he was at school! He definitely wasn't crazy and hallucinating when he told them the guy had one big eye! The thoughts of his old school made Percy angry but it made his nervousness go away. With a final sigh, he opened the door to his new classroom.

He would have told the teacher good morning, or asked someone if he could sit next to them or even just say hi... but he was the only one in the classroom, not even the teacher was present.

What were all those people outside then?! Damn Uncle Phil insisting on being early.

"Damn it..." Percy muttered

---

It was the end of the first period. Percy tried his best to be attentive just like Nick told/taught him when listening in class.

The ringing of the bell sounded at the end of the class. The teacher was nice and he asked if Percy needed any help, and that Percy could come to his office anytime if he wanted to that is.

When the homeroom teacher left Percy was quickly surrounded by a group of students who eagerly greeted him.

"Hi"

"You said you want to be called Percy right?"

"Uh yeah. My first name is a bit of a mouthful"

"My name's Jason," He then put out his fist for a fist bump. Jason was nice and friendly Percy guessed since he was saying hi to the new kid so.... Nicely... He was wearing those new sneakers Percy was eyeing last week so Percy assumed that he will get to like him.

"This is Sarah-" Jason gestured to the girl next to him. "Hi!" she said with a smile. Sarah was wearing square full rimmed glasses, with that purple shirt that only a fourth-grader can achieve to look nice, and she seemed very energetic with the way she was bouncing on the soles of her feet.

"And that's Mark" Now Mark looked like the typical kid who looks like he doesn't care/ bored look on his face, and whenever he is in a presentation or a picture his blond hair sticks up straighter than a ruler but otherwise is a nice guy. He's also, a 'wears striped T-shirts, everyday' kind of person.

"So Percy, what do you like to do for fun?" Sarah asked

"Uh, I don't know? I mean I do martial arts so I guess I like doing that?"

"Cool! I want to learn how to kick ass with cool martial arts moves but my mom says no" Mark groaned

Jason patted Mark on the back "I wouldn't let you go either if I was your mom and with the many times you manage to trip on your own two feet I wouldn't even let you go to art class!"

Sarah burst into a fit of giggles as Mark sighed "Yeah Mark! Wouldn't want you making a face painting this time!"

"That was one time! I tripped on the teacher that time at least!"