Chapter 6

Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

  If someone asks you 'Can you forgive the person who murdered your family?' Not a lot of people can answer with a 'Yes' that easily. But what if the other person did not do it out of his own free will? Could you still forgive the person that had changed your life forever?

  This was the situation that Agent Maria Hill was contemplating. When they had finally subdued the infamous Trickster, she thought all they had left was to detain Loki and the rest will just follow. When was life ever that easy? The Fates don't like to leave demigods to have a normal life, especially if that demigod is Perseus Jackson-Fury.

  "- I have told you many times son of Fury. My brother is innocent! Do you not see how his eyes are not the same colour?" Thor slammed his hands on the table his eyes full of determination and the air felt... sparky for lack of proper description.   Tony who was leaning back against the chair- that Fury usually sat- in an almost bored manner sat upright suddenly startling Bruce who was looking serious.

"Your brother, who killed 80 people in one day-

"-two days-" quipped in Percy

"TWO days! The same person who opened the portal to the Chitauri which lead the deaths of hundreds of innocent citizens!?"

  The room had gotten quiet, not even Steve who always believes in the best in people opened his mouth to defend Loki. All the deaths and the battle against were too recent, the wounds of the heart had not enough time to heal before they had discovered that Loki may be innocent.

"... But he- my brother was being controlled, surely you understand that?"

Percy let out a long and deliberately loud sigh. "I do Thor. I do."

"What?" Tony inquired "You can't just let him go!"

  Percy looked intensely at Tony, who grimaced and sat down, and Thor looked glad but did not dare to thank the demigod just yet.

"I know what being controlled against your will is. I also saw it myself." Including Steve, most of the people in the room looked confused."Once my friend was being controlled against his will, and well in simple terms he attacked some of my friends- well then sorta friends?"

Thor perked up "Son of Fury. Then you must agree that my brother is innocent?"

  Percy motioned his hand "Let me finish Thor. Like Loki, the action led to a three-way war until we finally figured out that we had the same enemy. He- we paid for him being controlled with death, war, and hate. Loki was controlled I don't think his eye changing is a common thing in Asgard." Thor nodded

Percy looked at each Avenger in the eye "We can't deny the facts, Clint do you think that you can forgive Loki?"

  Thor opened his eyes at the realization the archer was here and what he went through. Steve and Bruce glanced at each other. Barton was calmly cleaning his weapons but at Percy's question, he froze. An intense moment later a hard and anger filled but quiet "No"