Chapter 10

Stars shine brighter in the darkest night

Percy hated the council. Oh, the mortal one he means. The Olympus one went on very well. It was included in his training (as an agent of SHIELD) on how to deal with official stuff. So the treaty went better than he thought. It did help him that the treaty itself was written by Zeus so Percy could handle the whole matter easily (He could see glimpses on where Athena tried to fix it but well you know Zeus)

So why does Percy hate the council? 

First of all the World council is a bunch of scared imbeciles that sent a dam nuclear missile to save their idiotic hides. Second, the dam council is denying Percy (Avengers) clearance to help the dam people with the cleanup work. Something about valuable individuals and power. Third, Tony Stark is still a consultant even after he saved the whole city from their foolish order and won't make him an official Avenger. And that was only three this past few days, the council had been a pain in SHIELD's rear for years.

As Percy deals with his annoying headache from the council, Nick Fury who is equally unhappy with them is not going to let them go free of charge. For his son, for himself, and SHIELD

Director Fury always records whatever is possible, from important phone calls and to the World Council meetings themselves, he knows that those things can help in the long run (He sued a teacher for insulting his son a few times).

That meeting where they wanted to order a nuclear strike at Manhattan? Recorded in full HD. That jet order the councilwoman ordered? Her voice is heard nice and clear. All stored in the SHIELD database.

It isn't enough information to bring them down but it will be enough for some of them to leave the council for good and that's enough (for now).

Director Fury could ask for Stark to help then Fury could change the council (for good) but he didn't want to deal with Stark's smug face and words if he does ask.

That didn't stop his son's first problem though. No matter who is on the council Nick Fury knows that the council people will always be foolish headless chickens. The Avengers official cleanup will be easy after Director Fury makes those very real threats to the council. It also helps that Tony Stark is already helping with the cleanup job. Nick Fury already put Stark as an official Avenger member yesterday. That solved the rest of his son's headache.

---

Percy was in the infirmary when he got a notification from his mobile.

"Who's it from?" Agent Phil Coulson asked from the infirmary bed. Phil had bandages over his abdomen, he looked tired, but he looked at Percy with love and pride. Though Phil was a bit annoyed- Phil took a glance at his collection stained with blood, he didn't like how his card was ruined when the Director shyly (to his eyes) gave them to him. It took him years!

Percy pulled out his mobile and looked at what it was.

"It's a notification to check my email- Oh Maria sent a short summary.." Percy's eyes moved side to side as he read the message and his face grew into a bright smile

"It says that the council allowed the Avengers to be part of the cleanup! Finally! I have no idea why they won't let us do cleanup work- don't answer Uncle it was rhetorical- of course, the 'superhero' team shouldn't do the 'insignificant work'. Huff as if saving the city is only defending it from attacks and stuff." Phil gave a proud smile as Percy puffed

"A few bad aspects of being in the world-saving team eh?" Phil said

Percy groans as he agreed "Forget 'glory' from doing jobs that the public can know, I get more restrictions than dad now! At least my names out of it, should I like wear a mask or something?"