Chapter 4. Friend

It was the day after Scarlett's execution. It got very quiet in the mall, even Karen didn't say anything. They all realized that this was no joke and that they are all in a deadly situation. Everyone is suspicious of each other a bit more and some are becoming more desperate to try and escape.

Hayley was in the food court with Layla and Martin, although she called Jason and Jacklyn to come and meet her as well.

Layla: "you sure they're coming? They seem to be taking quite a while"

Martin: "we can wait a but longer. Patience is a virtue"

Jacklyn and Hudsyn arrive in the food court and take a seat.

Hudsyn: "so what's up?"

Hayley: "Hudsyn? What are you doing here?"

Hudsyn: "Jason said he was busy and told me to take his place here. After Scarlett's execution, Monokuma made him dispose of the body, so I wouldn't blame him if he needed some time off"

Martin: "fair enough"

Hayley: "fine, I guess you can stay then"

Hudsyn: "great, thanks Haybae"

Layla: "Haybae?! Wait, are you two a couple?!"

Hayley: "no way! As if I'd date someone like Hudsyn!"

Hudsyn: "gee, thanks. Calm down, it's just a nickname"

Hayley: "don't give me nicknames"

Hudsyn: "alright alright"

Jacklyn: "can you please just explain why we're here in the first place?"

Hayley: "yeah, I wanted to gather a group of people I trust the most"

Layla: "I'm flattered you think so highly of me!"

Hudsyn: "again, gee thanks"

Jacklyn: "then why am I here?"

Hudsyn: "and why was Jason supposed to be here instead of me?"

Hayley: "I thought you and Jason were helpful yesterday when you were treating Travis. I thought it would be more beneficial to have you two as allies I can trust than as enemies to be careful around"

Jacklyn: "you don't even know me"

Hayley: "no, but we'd like to get to know you more"

Jacklyn: "haha, no."

Jacklyn starts to walk away but Hudsyn grabs her wrist and stops her.

Hudsyn: "look, I get you don't trust us, and you don't have to. I don't trust anyone here either, but if we can work together, I know our chances of survival would increase. If you can't trust us, then at least trust the logic in working together

Jacklyn: "..."

Hudsyn: "..."

Hayley: "..."

Layla: "..."

Martin: "..."

Jacklyn: "fine...I guess you have a point. I'll stay if you tell us all your secret. I at least want to know there's one person I can trust" *takes her hand back*

Hudsyn: "fair enough"

Jacklyn then starts to choke Hudsyn with a scary look on her face.

Jacklyn: "don't you ever touch me without permission again, got it?"

Hudsyn just gives her a thumbs up and she lets go of him.

Layla: "secret time! Lets hear it Hud!"