3 | Black Coffee

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

❝Black Coffee❞

The tutoring session was a success. For two of the people who attended at least. That was Kei and Yamaguchi. The dynamic duo, which was your brother and Hinata, had both failed in one class. There was a scare that they would be unable to go to Tokyo for their volleyball camp.

Though, one way or another they had made it to Tokyo to be able to play their precious volleyball matches.

You were on your way to a coffee shop at the moment. Your brother had his volleyball practice this to go to after school, while you had nothing to do. Therefore, to spend some time to be as far away from the house, you had thus chosen to go to a coffee shop.

You had chosen to get your favorite drink and to spend your time at the coffee shop in any way that you could. As you were waiting in line, you saw a familiar person.

It was one of the people that you had tutored for your brother's group of friends.

You thought that volleyball practice was still going on, or maybe only your father was practicing with his friend at the moment. Your brother tended to come home incredibly late, and when you had asked, he said that he was practicing with Hinata.

You had forgotten the guy's name for a second, but when it had clicked to you of who it was, you had spoken up while waiting in line.

"Tsukki is that you?" you had asked when you were waiting in line.

You saw Kei turn around when his nickname was spoken out loud by someone. When he turned around and saw that it was Tobio's sister, the girl that had been on his mind for a long time now.

Since they had met really.

"Hey princess," Kei replied.

You had moved up the line to be able to move closer to Kei. It would have been easier to talk, but you would admit that you could have ulterior motives on why you had moved closer to the guy.

"I thought you had practice today," you said while standing next to him.

You had furrowed your eyebrows when you had asked the question. You had believed that Tobio might have been lying about staying back for practice,

"We ended a bit early. So, I just came here," Kei replied.

"Well then, the two of us can spend time together then," you replied.

"Sure," Kei replied with a shrug.

He was trying to seem as though the two of them spending time together was not a big deal when in reality, it was a huge deal to Kei. The two had moved up further in the line, and then they had eventually made it to the counter where they were meant to order.

"Can I get a black coffee please?" You spoke.

Then you had glanced over at Kei, and he had

"Can I get a cookie?" Kei spoke.

The drink and the cookie were given to the two of them, and then they had walked together to sit down.

"I always come here to try as many of their drinks as I can, today it seems to be a black coffee day," you spoke.

Kei had hummed at what you had said. He was enjoying the cookie that he was eating, and he had attempted to give all of his attention to you.

"Then I usually just work on my school work since usually nobody is at home when school finishes," you added on.

The two of them had then remained in silence, but it was not one that was awkward. Instead, the two had enjoyed this silence, it was peaceful for them. Their lives were not ones that were filled with chaos yet, but they both had appreciated the silence.

"I actually need help with my math homework, could you help me out?" Kei asked after he had finished his cookie.

"Of course I can Kei," you had replied with a smile on your face.

You had enjoyed teaching the four guys when they had come over to your house, so therefore you were happy to help out Kei when he needed it.

"If you want you can call me Kei, not Tsukki," Kei spoke in an uncharacteristically shy manner.

You had smiled back at him, and replied with,

"Okay Kei, wait that rhymed!"