7 | Chai

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

❝Chai❞

The volleyball practice was now over. It was getting dark outside and the players were all walking together. In this case, it was Yamaguchi, Kei, and you that were walking together.

"I had this amazing chai from a coffee shop that I just love," you spoke excitedly to Yamaguchi.

Kei had remained silent as he was walking with the two of them, looking at his phone. As you and Yamaguchi were talking animatedly, Kei kept more to himself. He did not feel comfortable in understanding his feelings with Yamaguchi around.

"So what I've been doing is that I have always gone to a specific coffee shop to try as many of their drinks as I can," you spoke to Yamaguchi.

He was smiling and nodding at what you were saying. The entire time the two of them had been talking mostly about what their interests were. They talked enough to not realize that it was time for Yamaguchi to take another road to get home.

"Bye," he said as he was leaving to go to the road to his house.

For some reason, Kei felt happy that his friend was leaving. He wouldn't call it jealousy, but that was a close enough feeling as to what he was feeling at the moment. You did not realize that you had not talked to your friend with the glasses until you had realized that his other friend had left.

You had felt bad about your behavior, and that was shown by the expression that was on your face. One that was filled with self-hatred and sadness. To you, you and Kei were great friends now, and you did not want your friend to feel as though he was left behind.

"I'm sorry, for ignoring you," you said.

For some reason, your statement gave Kei the reassurance that he needed that your attention can be focused on him. That a person he would call one of his closest friends, cannot take you away from him. Also, it had made butterflies float in his stomach, a feeling that he was not familiar with.

"It's okay, I understand you want to make more friends," he said. He really did understand that she wants to make my friends, and after she had apologized, he felt much better.

"Tell me about this amazing chai that you had princess," Kei said.

That had sparked a conversation only about the chai that you had for the whole walk to his house. Soon enough, you were at the front of his house, right at the gate.

Kei had sighed to himself as though he was preparing himself for what was on the other side of the door. When he had opened it, you saw that there was a man in front of you who looked a lot like Kei, but older.

"Hey, little brother," the man spoke.

The man who was unknown to you had turned his head to see who else was at the door. When he saw you, his eyes had widened for only a moment, and then he moved his attention to Kei.

"And who's this?" he asked Kei.

"I'm y/n Kageyama, nice to meet you," you said.

"I'm Akiteru," he replied.

The two of you had smiled at each other, and then you had heard Kei clear his throat, wanting the attention more towards him. He would not admit it, but he was jealous of his brother at the moment.

"We need to work now," Kei said as he had grabbed your hand.

Your hands had intertwined, and your face had begun to feel hot. Kei was hiding his face because he too was blushing out of the action that he had initiated.

The two had walked inside with the goal to make it to Kei's room, while still holding hands and having their red faces. You did not know what these feelings were, but you were getting enough clues to know what you were feeling.

Kei on the other hand, somehow knew exactly what he was feeling, or something relatively close enough. When he was with you and Yamaguchi, and he was looking at his phone, he was looking up the symptoms of what was happening to him.

The most likely explanation that he had found was that he liked you, and that had made sense to him.