8 | Orange Juice

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

❝Orange Juice❞

The two sat next to each other, together, in Kei's room. With the newfound knowledge of their feelings, they had just wanted to know if both of you had the feeling that you had felt for the other. When they had recognized their feelings, they had all of their answers.

It explained a lot.

To both of you.

The endearing nicknames, the urges, and the wants that you had to be next to each other. All of it. For Kei, all he wanted to do was to give in to his primary urges, to act like a normal high school kid, and kiss the girl that he likes.

"So you needed help with math right?" You asked. For a moment, Kei had sat across from you silently. He was lost in his own thoughts. I mean, in his case anyone would be if they just figured out they had feelings for someone.

Then, Kei shook his head, as though he was shaking the thoughts from his mind, and he had answered.

"Yeah that's what I need help with," Kei replied.

In reality, Kei didn't really need help with math. There was some confusion sometimes that he had with the subject, but he was usually able to figure it out on its own. This was somewhat of an excuse for him to spend more time with you.

Then, when you were both about to prepare to study together, the door had opened. It was Kei's brother on the other side of the door.

"Hey, so mom told me to bring you guys some orange juice since she didn't know that y/n was going to come over," he said a pointed manner towards Kei.

"Thanks, you can leave now," Kei said. He didn't want his brother to be around the girl that he likes. Kei found his older brother's action somewhat embarrassing, and the two were basically polar opposites.

"Yeah, yeah I'll leave you and your little girlfriend alone," his older brother had teased Kei before rapidly shutting the door. If it wasn't somewhat awkward and silent before, it most definitely was now.

The two of them had looked at each other awkwardly, his brother's voice and what he had said ringing in the ears. Then, you had blushed and looked away while looking down at your notebook. You have to focus on helping Kei out, not on these sudden feelings that you have for Kei.

You had to continuously remind yourself of that.

You believe that he didn't have the same feelings for you as you did for Kei. Though, that could not be farther from the truth. Kei did feel the same way, he just needed a chance to show it.

Kei had believed, that this time alone together, might be one of his only chances is to show his real feelings for you.

Even though Kei had this thought in his mind, that did not spur him into action. Instead, Kei had remained silent as both of you were helping each other out in terms of studying. Even though he had asked for help with math, that still gives you the chance to possibly ask a couple more questions about other subjects that Kei was good at. So basically, both of you were helping each other out.

"Hey, I think it's time for me to go home," you said.

Even though, you did not want the time the two of you had spent together to end. You wanted this time to last forever, but it was already late and you had to go.

"If you want, I can walk you home?" Kei asked.

Though, the way that he had said it had implied that he was asking about this. You had smiled happily and nodded in his direction. Even though your time was coming to an end tonight, the time that you can get with him walking with you had made you happier than you could imagine.

Then, you had gathered your things and you and Kei had both begun to walk in the direction of your house. No doubt that Tobio was waiting for you to come home so that he could get his little sister away from Kei.

The two of you had begun to walk together, and then you said,

"So, are we gonna do this again?" you asked with a twinge of hope in your voice.

Kei looked as though he was thinking about it, and then he had nodded slightly. You smiled in his direction and started skipping ahead.

Then the two of you had made it a couple of paces away from your house and you were staring at each other. It was almost as though you were waiting for the other person to make a move.

Then, in a moment of weakness or bravery, he had leaned down and kissed your cheek. When your eyes had widened and blush had spread across your cheek, he leaned down and spoke next to your ear,

"Good night princess," Kei spoke, and then he turned to walk back home.