4 | Milk

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

❝Milk❞

You were walking to the vending machine in Karasuno high school. You were incredibly tired because you had had a long day, and like your brother, you had wanted to have a carton of milk. It has been a day since you and Kei had spent your time at the coffee shop.

You did not specify the specific time and place as to when the two of you would study to help out Kei. Instead, it was a silent agreement that the two of you would talk about it later. Though, it would be easier to talk in school instead of at the coffee shop.

Though, at the moment, the vending machine was being a massive pain for you. The vending machine was not working, and it was not giving you the drink that you had wanted.

"Ugh, come on!" you shouted in frustration as you were banging your palms against the glass of the vending machine.

For some reason, you had believed that by repeatedly hitting against the glass of the vending machine, your drink out falls out though you were right. Since after a couple more bangs against the glass due to your frustration, the carton of milk had fallen.

"Hey princess, "a voice had spoken up behind you. It was a voice that you have come to know over the last couple of days; it was Kei.

As you were going to address him, you had turned around and picked up the milk carton, which was at the bottom of the vending machine. You were eager to have the milk now, as it was in one of your favorite drinks. The same interest for the drink could be said about your brother.

This was one of the few things for the two of you shared, a fondness for this specific drink.

"Hey Kei," You spoke.

You had then turned around to face him and then begun to lean against a vending machine, attempting to act a little bit cool. Though, you didn't take into the fact that your back was leaning towards the wall instead, which was next to the vending machine. Your eyes had then widened when you had figured that out.

Kei moved his arm to be able to catch you. Once he did, your chests were pushed up against each other. His height was towering over you, and you had flushed out of embarrassment.

Then, in an effort to be able to compose yourself, you had cleared your throat. This has caused his eyes to widen and to move himself away from you.

"Thank you," you had said.

He had remained silent. It was true that he had been thinking about you for a while now, and it was almost impossible for him to get off his mind. However, he was not one of those people who would express his feelings in an incredibly open manner. Therefore he was having difficulty confronting his feelings.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about the study session that we are going to have," Kei spoke.

Your eyes had widened, and you had almost forgotten about the request that he had made to help him with his understanding of math. You had completely understood the struggles that came with the subject, and math was a difficult subject.

"We can meet up tomorrow," you had replied to what he asked.

Tomorrow was the most convenient time for you since you had decided that you would do most of your schoolwork today. You have less work to do there for you and have more time to be able to help Kei.

"I have volleyball practice tomorrow, so let's meet up after that," Kei replied to the timing that you had given.

Then, there was silence between the two of you as you had begun to sip on your carton of milk.

"Let me get your number so that we can talk more," Kei said.

You had choked on the milk you were drinking when he had said that. You had not expected him to ask for your phone number out of the blue, and without any warning. You had hit your chest to be able to stop coughing, and when you were done, you replied,

"Okay," you replied while still choking.

You handed your phone to him and he had typed his phone number in and called himself so that he could have your number. Then, he had given you your phone back and spoke,

"I need to go now, I have practice," he spoke.

You nodded, and both of you went to your respective places, both feeling excitement for when you would meet up again.