6 | Water

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

❝Water❞

It was the next day, and it was after school now. You had begun to leave your classes to be able to go to the volleyball practice that you were invited to. Even though Tobio had played a lot of volleyball, so much so that some would call him a fanatic, you had not been to his games.

It was not as though he had not allowed you to come, he had actually encouraged you to come, but you had little interest in the sport. You knew that your brother had a passion for it, but when it came to any sports, you had no interest.

Thus, this was going to be the first time that you would see the game in action.

"Hello," you spoke as you had walked into the gym.

When you had walked in, Kei's eyes had gone directly to you. It was as though your mere presence had commanded attention for him, and he was not able to look away. Yamaguchi, who was standing next to Kei, had noticed that his best friend's attention had moved elsewhere.

Before he could ask about it, Kei had already begun to move ahead to meet up with you.

"Hey princess," Kei spoke up from behind you.

You had looked up and seen that it was Kei who was in front of you. As if the nickname that Kei had said when addressing you was not enough of a hint for you anyway.

"Hey Kei," you replied.

Yamaguchi, who was listening to their conversation, had stood somewhat in shock. You were addressing Kei by his first name, not a nickname of his last name, but his first name. From what Yamaguchi knew, Kei had not allowed anyone to call him Kei other than his family.

"So you can sit over there next to our managers on the bench," Kei spoke up after you both had greeted each other.

"I'm so excited to see you all play!" you spoke excitedly.

"We'll go to my house after practice, okay?" Kei replied.

He was worried that she may get bored or leave during the match. Kei was feeling nervous that she was watching him play, even though he had no real interest in wanting to improve in volleyball. Kei had believed that there was no real effort that was needed since this was just a club.

Eventually, Kei had left you and you had sat down next to the managers, introducing yourselves.

You were watching him as he had played volleyball, and as you were watching, you saw the appeal that volleyball had. It was a sport that looks interesting to you, and it was a beautiful spot. You were watching your brother play for a very long time, but then your attention has moved to Kei.

Even if you had tried to move your eyes away from Kei, it was difficult for you to do so. Your attention is solely on him. Then, when he blocked a volleyball from going to his side of the court, he had glanced towards you.

His eyes were looking for some form of approval from you. Maybe even he was waiting for you to cheer for him, just to show him that he was doing well in this sport. He wanted validation from you, and for the life of him, he cannot understand why. He's a smart guy, but in regard to his feelings, he was almost clueless.

"We need to go fill up the water bottles for the players," Shimizu-senpai had said.

Your attention had moved away from Kei, and towards the upperclassman who was glancing at you. With a smile and a nod for you, you had picked up some of the water bottles to help out Shimizu-senpai.

You had left the gym with Shimizu-senpai, and when Kei glanced over to where you were and saw that you were gone, there was a visible dark cloud over his head. Even his teammates could figure out that Kei was upset about something, but did not know the reason why.

You had come back with Shimizu-senpai, with a bunch of water bottles in your hands. You were overwhelmed by how many you had, but you handled it. Soon enough, it was time for the Karasuno volleyball team to take a break from their practice.

He had seen that you had come back from wherever you had gone, and a newfound sense of happiness had filled his heart. Then, he furrowed his eyebrows and confused as to what this feeling was.

It was as though his heart was saying one thing, and his mind was not catching up to that. He wanted to figure this out, and maybe when he's at home with her over, maybe he could figure out his feelings. These feelings were a first for him, and he would figure out what they were.

"Here's some water Kei," you said as you handed him his water bottle.

For some reason, since he was the first person to who you had given a water bottle, it had given him a feeling of pride. It also encouraged him in a way that no one else could. He had continued to take steps from his water bottle, as he was watching you talk to the other volleyball players.

Even though he did not know what these different feelings had meant, he likes them.