12 | Americano Part 2

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

❝Americano Part 2❞

Your brother had no idea of what he had whispered in your ear. You were not going to tell him about it anyway, because you yourself did not know what this talk was going to be about. Now, it was after school. 

It was about the time for volleyball practice to start, and you were feeling more nervous than ever. What was Kei going to say? What could be something that they had to talk about after school?

You had waited at the vending machine close to the volleyball gym. Feeling incredibly anxious.

"You're here," A voice had spoken up behind you causing you to jump in your place.

When you saw who it was, you let out a sigh of relief. It was only Kei. Kei on the other hand was somewhat surprised to see that you actually came. He had half a mind to expect that you would not show up, and bail on him. 

He was happy to see that what he believed was not true. Somehow, Kei's feelings for you have grown even more, and today was the day that he was going to confess it all.

"Yeah, I'm here," You replied with a small smile on your face while looking down.

You have no idea where this conversation would go, your mind was spinning to multiple different scenarios. Some scenarios were super dramatic, and ones that were so simple that it could be true. What the two of you did not know, was that the volleyball team saw the two of you standing together and were all eavesdropping on the conversation. Your brother was included in that mix.

"I almost believed that you were not going to show up," Kei said.

Kei was attempting to delay the inevitable, revealing his feelings. He wanted to just say it right away, rip it off like a Band-Aid. Though, he knew that you had deserved better, that you should get everything you've ever wanted. He was not going to falter when confessing his feelings to you, he wanted this to be perfect.

"So what is this all about?" you asked.

Kei was staring at you in silence, not replying to the question that you had asked. Rather, he had chosen to remain silent.

"What?" you asked when you had noticed him staring at you.

He had continued until he had opened his mouth to speak the words that he had wanted to say since the day that he had met you.

"I am just going to tell you right now, I like you," Kei had said quickly.

Again, he wanted to say it so that it was out in the open. Now, it was up to you to decide what these words have meant, either they could be viewed in a positive way or in a negative way.

Though, now the decision has been left solely in your hands.

You on the other hand had felt incredibly shocked. You knew that this could be a possible scenario, but it had seemed so far-fetched to you that you wouldn't believe that this could actually happen. That this was real, the guy that you like is telling you that he likes you too.

"I know that it might be soon, and I understand that" Kei had added on to what he had said previously.

He was now beginning to babble and trying to fill the silence with some sound. This was an attempt of Kei's to say everything that he could in one go so that if you had rejected him at least you would have told you everything.

"I was curious of you at first, but it has now grown to me having a fondness for you," Kei said.

Then, his eyes and winded and he shook his head, his words are getting jumbled. He was trying to express his feelings for the first time, and it was proving to be somewhat difficult.

"It is not a fondness really, I have a crush on you, and I know you might not feel the same way but I wanted to tell you just because it was eating me up inside," Kei had finished with his shortened lecture of him proclaiming his feelings.

You have just stood there with wide eyes, still feeling shocked at what he had said. Then, you realize that he was just standing there and waiting for your answer.

"I like you too," you replied shyly while looking down.

Now it was Kei's turn to be shocked.

This was a moment that needed no words to be able to express what the two of them were feeling. Instead, in this case, some form of action is required to show exactly what they were feeling for each other.

Kei had grabbed the back of your neck, causing you to gasp in shock for a moment, but that shock was taken away by Kei kissing you. Your chest had pushed up against his, and he and moved one of his hands to your back, pulling you closer to him.

This kiss could only be described as perfect.