8. "Merlin, you never stop talking, do you?"

"You know you didn't have to come, right?" I said as Hermione got up from a chair at the library. She looked at me with tiredness clearly showing on her face. 

She started picking up her books from the table. "Obviously I had to come. It's called responsibility, Malfoy." She said and looked at me contemptuously. Merlin, I miss drunk Hermione.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever" I said. I picked the books left on the table, carrying them under my left arm. We left the library and starting walking towards the Gryffindor Common Room, neither of us saying a word. 

"You really don't have to help me after every single tutoring class." said Hermione, breaking the silence between us. I chuckled and glanced at her. 

"What if I want to, Granger? I'm polite anyways." I said, throwing my hand in the air while smirking at her.  Hermione looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"You are unbelievable." She shook her head, never stopping walking. I decided to joke around. 

"Unbelievably amazing, I'd say" I convincingly said. I glanced at her and saw a tiny smile on her lips, but as soon as she caught me looking she repressed it. 

"Shut up, don't be so convinced." I laughed at her and looked away. 

I started walking a little closer to her. "I'm not convinced, Hermione, I'm realistic. There's a huge difference," I continued "And besides, you don't have to always keep a straight face when you're with me. You can laugh." She looked at me with her cheeks starting to become a light shade of pink. She quickly looked away. 

"Merlin, you never stop talking, do you?" I slightly chuckled, suppressing the huge desire to laugh that was growing inside of me. I shook my head and continued to walk along with her, stopping in front of the Fat Lady's portrait. 

"Again? You came here just yesterday! don't you have your own Common Room, Malfoy?" said the Fat Lady, jerking out of a doze. 

"Lovely seeing you again, Fat Lady." I mocked her and smirked. 

"I wish I could say the same. Password?" She said in a bored tone and looked at Hermione, who was just watching our interaction. I faked an offended expression.

"Abstinence"

As soon as we entered I took sight of Ron and Harry, who both got up from the couch and started walking towards us. I started to quickly walk in their directions, leaving Hermione behind. I grabbed both of the boys by their ear and dragged them to a corner. 

"Ow, Ow! Stop it, Y/N!" Harry loudly whined as Ron did the same. I felt a lot of Gryffindors staring but decided not to give attention to them.

"Y/N, what do you think you are d-"

"Shut it, Granger. I'm about to stand up for you." I cut Hermione.

I crossed my arms in front of the two boys with an angry look on my face, staring at them for a moment. It was quite funny the way both of them were rubbing their ears with pain showing on their faces. 

I spoke, "How dare, both of you?" 

"Um, pardon?" Ron said while looking at me. He seemed genuinely confused.

"Um, pardon?" I copied him. I heard Harry slightly laughing next to him, but he stopped immediately as soon as I have him a dirty look. I continued, "You two let drunk Hermione ALONE at the bloody party! Are you guys out of your minds?" I firmly said.

Harry scoffed "We didn't know she was alone, Y/N!" He stated and Ron added, "Yeah! And besides, it's not our fault she decided to drank that much." 

"That's rubbish!" I said before they could speak again. "Look, I'm too angry with you two to keep this conversation. We'll talk later." I  started walking away from them in the direction of the girl's dorm, not looking back. 

I stopped in front of Hermione's dorm, waiting for the girl behind me to arrive and open the door.  We silently entered her room, none of us saying a single word.

Suddenly, she decided to break the silence. "What was that?" She asked. I placed her books that were on my robe on her bed before taking it off, leaving me in my white button-up shirt. I loosened my green tie and blankly stared at her. 

"What?" I asked, feeling the tension between us grow. She rolled her eyes at me. 

"That was unnecessary." Hermione spoke before looking away.

I scoffed and started walking towards her with a smirk. "Damn, I just saved your ass at the party and that's how you thank me?" I joked, slightly chuckling. Hermione crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at a particular corner of the room. She didn't say anything for a few moments.

The Gryffindor impatiently sighed. "Thank you, Y/N. It was very nice of you." She finally said, looking at me.

 I gave her a half-smile, shaking my head. "No problem, Granger." I said and grabbed my robe, before taking a few steps to leave her room. When I was about to turn the knob, I heard her.

"Y/N?" She suddenly called.

 I stopped, turning around to face her. "Yeah?" I said, surprised.

"Don't be so flattered, I still find you an idiot." She stated, making me laugh. 

I smirked at her, shaking my head one more time."Of course you do, Granger." I saw a tiny smile on her lips.