3. Mandrake

Hearing Draco complaining about literally everything was not easy

I was leaning against the hallway, pretending to pay attention to the words coming from the blonde's mouth, while trying to find Adrian in the middle of the crowded hallway but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey! Would you mind paying attention to me?" Draco snapped his fingers at my face, making me instantly shift my gaze and turn to look at him. I sighed, crossing my arms.

"For Merlin's sake, I am listening to you!" I said, irritated. Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes, before continuing to talk, blabbering nonstop. For some reason I was starting to feel angry and anxious, praying that Adrian would magically show up and get me out of that situation.

I discreetly peeked around one more time, seeing Harry with Ron laughing at something. I stared at Harry, who looked at me as soon as he felt someone staring and smiled, making me smile back. He made a gesture with his hands for me to approach them and I nodded my head.

Just in time, I spotted Crabbe and Goyle walking on my brother's way. I honestly found the two of the really stupid, Draco literally had the worst taste for friends.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later." I said and quickly kissed my brother's cheek. Before he could say anything I walked away to meet Harry, leaving Draco with his friends. I had to dodge some students that were in the way, so I could finally meet the two boys.

"Draco wouldn't shut up for a second." I said while Harry gave me a side hug. The boy noticing my irritancy. I gave a small smile at Ron as a greeting, the boy murmuring a "Hi".

"Ohh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning" Harry mocked me. I rolled my eyes at him and shoved his shoulder. He looked at me and laughed, pushing my arm off of him.

"He was getting on my nerves" I quietly said, Harry only shrugging his shoulders at me while looking at Ron.

"He gets on everyone's nerves" A sudden voice said behind me, my body slightly jumping because of the startle. I turned around finding Hermione standing with a few books in her hands. She's always carrying books around.

"You scared me" I said while putting my hand over my chest. I noticed Hermione containing a laugh, making me slightly smile at our rare interaction.

"Mione is right, Y/N. Draco is unbearable" Ron said. I looked at the redhead pursing my lips a bit.

"Alright, alright! I get it, you guys hate him." I scoffed and held my hand up in defense, looking at the 3 of them. Harry giggling and patting my back while the 2 others looked at each other containing a smile.

"Anyways, what class do you have now, Y/N/N?" Harry asked and I rolled my eyes

"Herbology, unfortunately" I said

"So do we. Let's go before we get late" Harry said, already walking towards the greenhouse with me, Hermione and Ron walking along with him.

Unexpectedly, a Hufflepuff's shoulder hardly bumped into mine, making them trip and almost fall. I looked at them with repudiation.

"Watch it!" I said in between my teeth and fixed my robe. I looked away from the Hufflepuff only to find the 3 Gryffindors giving me dirty looks, Harry especially. I stared at them and furred my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I said confused. Ron shook his head as they just continued walking. I decided to shrug it off.

We quickly arrived at the greenhouse. As I made my way to take place near Harry, I spotted Adrian from the back talking to a few Slytherins. I pulled him by his robe, dragging the black-haired boy near where I previously was. He was just about to push me away but stopped when he saw that was me the person who pulled him. He widened his eyes, giving me a confused look.

''Where the fuck were you? I looked for you everywhere." I yelled silently at him.

"I was hanging out with Blaise" He said without looking at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, I didn't know they were close.

"Blaise Zabini?" He nodded and I shifted my gaze back at Professor Sprouse, finding my friend's behavior a little suspicious, but deciding to forget it.

Professor Sprout was standing behind a bench in the center of the greenhouse. I paid attention to the lots of earmuffs that were lying on the bench, waiting to get an explanation of their purpose for today's class.

"We'll be repotting Mandrakes today" Professor Sprout said as she turned around to face us. Every single student stopped talking to hear her. "Now, who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" Of course, Hermione was the only one to respond. The girl's hand going immediately into the air.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is a powerful restorative," said Hermione, sounding as she had swallowed the textbook. "It is used to return people who have been transfigured orcursed to their original state."

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor," Professor Sprout said. I saw from the corner of my eyes Adrian rolling his eyes. I almost giggled at his spontaneous reaction.

"The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes. It is also,however, dangerous. Who can tell me why?" She asked again. A faint answer coming into my head as the memory of me studying this came across my mind. Hermione raised her hand again, this time so quickly that she almost hit Harry's glass. I tried my luck and raised my hand too. Professor Sprout pointed her finger at me, making me smirk.

"The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it," I said promptly. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Precisely. Ten points to Slytherin" said Professor Sprout. I looked at Hermione and blinked at her, mocking the bushy brown haired girl, who gave me an almost fatal look.

"Everyone take a pair of earmuffs," She continued. "When I tell you to put them on, make sure your ears are completely covered" Everyone snapped the earmuffs over their ears. Professor Sprout put the pink, fluffy pair over her own ears, rolled up the sleeves of her robes, grasped one of the tufty plants firmly, and pulled hard. The leaves were growing right out of his head. He had pale green, mottled skin, and was clearly bawling at the top of his lungs. Everyone gasped at the horrible sound of the Mandrake's scream.

Professor Sprout took a large plant pot from under the table and plunged the Mandrake into it, burying him in dark, damp compost until only the tufted leaves were visible as the loud scream stopped. Professor Sprout dusted off her hands, gave us thumbs-up, and removed her own earmuffs.

Then, a loud thud was heard. Everyone turned their head in its direction to see Nevile Longbottom lying on the floor, clearly unconscious. Seamus Finnigan, a sandy-haired Gryffindor, kneeled down to try to help Neville. No one dared to say a word about the situation, we just watched curiously.

"As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet,"she said calmly, approaching the boy on the floor. "However, I forgot to mention that they will knock you out for several hours" She looked at him without caring too much before heading back to behind her bench. Everyone looked at each other in confusion.

"Well, let's just leave him there." She said. Professor Sprout looked one more time at him, continuing the class. I looked at Adrian, who glanced back at me and shrugged his shoulders. I turned my attention to Professor Sprout again. "Right, on we go."

Poor guy...

(A/N: I know that this class was taught way earlier before the sixth year, but let's just pretend that it wasn't lol. Also, you guys will see more chapters based on the events of the actual book. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :D )