10. Flashback

I watched the boy carefully organize his bag, putting the books that were previously on his bed inside of it

I watched the boy carefully organize his bag, putting the books that were previously on his bed inside of it. I closed the door of his room and leaned on it, crossing my arms. His moves were slow and quiet like he had no rush to finish what he was doing. I looked at his face, analyzing him, but he was too concentrated to look at me back.

"I just came here to congratulate you." I said, too calm for the situation. He didn't stop what he was doing, but I could see a look of confusion on his face.

"For what, exactly?" he asked. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. The logical side of me felt a terrible kind of anger,  like my body, was burning on it and the feeling of the betrayal was taking over. But my emotional side felt sad like there was a knife slowly sticking into my heart, making me scream like a child crying for the mother. Nevertheless, I knew what I had to do. I had to ignore this emotional side of mine.

I rested my hand on my chin, faking a thoughtful expression. "Well, let's see," I started, slowly walking through the room. "Maybe for lying straight to my face? or also for doing things behind my back?"

He turned his head to look at me, and for a second I could see something different in his eyes. He chuckled, obviously nervous. "Excuse me?" He said with his eyebrows furrowed.

I quickly approached him. "You thought I wouldn't find out?" I muttered under my breath. "How dare you do something like this to me?" I said, trying to stay as calm as possible, but I soon started to lose my temper.

"Y/N I-"

"We were supposed to be friends! Best friends" I said, angrily. "You lied to me, you did the worst thing you could have done to me. You know how I hate lies and you promised me not to do it." I blankly stared at him. He opened his mouth multiple times, but nothing came out of it.

"I trusted you. And you did all of it for what? For a fucking girl?" I raised my voice at him, who seemed too shocked to say something. "You are a coward! that's exactly what you are! Not only a coward, but you are also stupid for thinking that you could lie to me and I wouldn't find out."

"I'm sorry, Y/N" He quietly said with a shaky voice. I looked at him incredulously while he turned his head down, looking away.

"Sorry? You are sorry?" I raised my voice, not believing what I just heard. "That's bullshit! You are not sorry because you are a liar" I screamed.

I saw his expression change like he was starting to feel deeply offended and was ready to discharge the anger inside of him. "I was your best friend and you didn't give a shit about how I would feel-"

"So what?" He yelled and got up from the bed. "You did that to yourself, Y/N. That's your fault." He said, harshly. "You didn't care about how I would feel when you completely abandoned me for those fucking Gryffindors, did you? You became best friends with those idiots and forgot about me and Terence." He said, almost yelling. "You forgot about Slytherin." He muttered, pointing at me.

"I did what?" I yelled back at him. "I never abandoned you, stop acting like a damn child! I had no idea about this fucking jealously of yours. We could have figured it out! That doesn't give you the right to do what you did."

I started, "You know what's worst?" I said, taking a few steps closer to him. "You always knew how I never cared too much about Pansy. You knew how I wouldn't mind if you have told me you liked her. But instead, you chose to lie to me." He opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly turned my head away, interrupting him.

"You know what? Fuck you, Adrian."

Flashback ON

The only thing I could hear was the sound of my black shoes crashing into the ground. I was supposed to meet Terence and Adrian after finishing my homework at the library, but I guess I took too long. I was hoping I would find the Common Room empty, but to my surprise that didn't happen.

After saying the password, I was finally able to enter the Common Room and go to my bedroom to rest. My back was aching because of the uncomfortable chairs of the library, I couldn't wait to finally lay on my bed.

I began to walk towards my room's door, but something caught my attention. I could see some shadows moving behind a wall, near the bedrooms. I stopped for a second, too curious to just let it go.

I started to move as quietly as possible, trying to peek behind the walls without being seen. I could hear something similar to.... kissing sounds? I definitely shouldn't be doing this.

The next thing I saw made my stomach churn. Pansy was pinned against the wall while kissing Adrian, his hands were on her waist and their bodies were as close as possible. I quickly turned away, trying to walk fast but quietly towards my room.

I didn't feel bad because of Pansy, everybody knew that I didn't have feelings for her. I felt bad because Adrian didn't tell me about this. He lied to me. And I had no idea about how long he had been lying to me.

Flashback OFF

I looked one more time into his eyes. "You've lost someone who loved you, but I guess I didn't lose anything," I said, leaving his room as fast as possible. I didn't want to talk to him too soon.

Genuinely, I wanted to cry. Maybe because I was too angry, or maybe because I was too sad.