therapy

Birds sing early the next morning, breaking James out of the little sleep he gained. 

7:52

He rubs his eyes and pauses before he begins his day. A new day, a fresh start. With an aching back, James reaches for his phone to see a missed call. His therapist. He sighs heavily, forgetting that his appointment was only an hour away. It's not that he hates therapy, it just makes him uncomfortable to deal with his past and try to make amends with it. But Sam said it was required per court mandate. While rising from the floor, he truly realized how lonely the room felt. He had been lonely before, but it feels.. different this time. 

Zoe's alarm goes off at 7:15, but she's already awake. She rises to feed Atlas and begins to pick up his mess from the night. Her phone chimes reminding her of her therapy appointment. Crap, I totally forgot. She panics for a quick second but calms herself down. No need to worry. After cleaning up the mess, she gets ready for her day and enjoys the sunshine when she steps outside. 

James waits in the lobby area, his small journal in hand and his leg twitching a bit. He hates being in public areas sometimes, fearing someone will call him out on his past deeds. As he gets lost in his own thoughts, Zoe walks in quietly and sits, barely making a sound. She hates making a scene in a room with people, even if it isn't a scene at all. She sits and waits for her therapist. 

A door opens, snapping James out of his trance. 

"Hey, Zoe, come on in." 

He looks over to see her rise very quickly and quietly and in through the door. He could tell she was anxious. The door closed behind them and he eventually went back into his trance. 

"James?" His therapist startles him for a moment, then he smiles. 

"Hey, Doc." He goes in.