blossom

Just like he said, Zoe sprouted and was on her way to blooming. She began teaching at the school again and found joy in the small moments, even in the midst of missing Mama V. The sun was shining on her, and James was proud. 

Only a week later, Sam finds a lead on Karli and asks for James' help again. He was hesitant, knowing Zoe had just gotten out of her depression, but she promised him she would be okay. Before he left, Bucky left love notes for Zoe to read while he was gone. He held her all night prior to his departure morning. 

~

It's spring break for the students, and the dance school is closed for the week. Zoe decides to pick up some random shifts at her old job just to carry her over. The shop reminded her of James, making it bittersweet. She hadn't heard from him since he left, but she read one love letter a day. He left so many, she wondered when he started writing them. 

Upon reaching her apartment for the evening, another package met her at the door. Grinning, she grabbed the box and hurried into her apartment to find out what it was. As she opens the box, a chime rings. 

Have you been reading my notes?

Zoe was overcome with joy. 

Yes they are helping a lot. I still miss you but not as much 

Good. Did you get my package?

Yes, about to open now

Zoe continues opening the box and finds delicate, red dahlias. Some were bright red and others were a little darker, but all of them were beautiful. She remembers that she told him once how she had always wanted some to decorate her apartment.

They are beautiful! Where did you find them??

I can't reveal all my secrets 😉 If you need more, I'll buy you some

Zoe smiles to herself. Another chime rings. 

What you been up to?

School is closed so been working at the shop again

Oo save me some cinnamon rolls pls

I'll make you some. Mine are better anyway 😛

Agree 100%. Have you seen your mom lately?

No

You should go see her. Might be good for the two of you

Zoe ponders this. She hadn't thought of it, but he was right. 

You're right. I will. Where are you now?

Can't say. Being extra careful this time

I understand. Any closer to getting her?

Almost. Sam had a chance to talk to her but it backfired

I'm sorry. That sounds so stressful. Pleasee be careful 

I will beautiful. I love you

I love you. Come home soon

Sure thing

Zoe was grateful for the check in. After placing the flowers in a vase, she got ready for bed. The next day, she planned to reach out to her mom.