Episode 2

(This is taking place as Bucky and Sam get on the plane in episode 2.)

"I am coming with you!" Bucky shouts after Sam following him towards the plane.

"No, you aren't," Sam shouts back, not even looking behind him, knowing full well Bucky is still walking behind him on the ramp.

Sam sets his duffle bag down on the bench, his back still facing Bucky. He unzips his bag as the plane closes, getting ready for take-off.

He feels Buck's gaze burning into his back as he takes off his jacket. 

Grabbing the hem of his shirt and throwing it on top of his jacket, "are you going just to keep staring at me while I get undressed?"

Bucky rolls his eyes and then stares at the front of the plane.

Since when did Sam get so buff? I mean, I guess he has always been pretty muscular, but it takes Buck off guard when he sees him shirtless for the first time in years. Sure he had seen it a few times randomly when they were on the run, but he was much more distracted back then. 

Buck tries to swallow the thoughts down. He glances back up at Sam, who is still shirtless, just with different pants on now. As Sam puts on his shirt, he looks down at his hands, rubbing his cold metal thumb over the back of his hands.

A hand covers them both, squeezing slightly, "how are you?" 

Bucky looks up at Sam, meeting the man's concerned eyes, the tension in the room dissipates.

"I am ok," Bucky says, simply knowing he is eventually going to have to open up to Sam and apologize for not returning his texts. Though right now isn't the time.

Sam's eyes scan his face trying to read him.

Finally, Sam breaks eye contact removing his hand from on top of Bucky's, grabbing his goggles and from his bag. 

One long staring contest later...

"Enjoy your ride Buck," Sam says, putting in his earpiece.

"No, you can't call me that," Buck retorts, still peeved with Sam about giving the shield away. He honestly didn't care if Sam called him that he was just annoyed.

"Why not? That's what Steve called you," Sam asks, confused and slightly hurt.

"Steve knew me longer, and Steve had a plan," Buck retorts, getting an eye-roll from Sam, who walks to the front of the plane.

He knew that was a lie. Steve never had a plan, but he didn't want Sam to know he was just petty. Though he had a feeling, Sam knew.

---

Bucky looks down, standing at the hatch of the plane, instantly regretting it. Suddenly very aware of how much he hates heights.

He closes his eyes, jumping from the plane as he sees a clearing in the trees.

---

As he walks quietly through the building, redwing hovering above him. He walks up, standing closely beside Sam staring down the dark hallway redwing is flying down.

"You are doing the staring thing again," Sam states. Buck turns to Sam glaring at him.

"They're in there," Sam says before he can come up with a retort.

"What's that?" Buck asks, staring at the screen on Sam's arm.

"I don't know. I think they are smuggling weapons," Sam responds, finally looking up at him.

"Well, I think you might be right," Buck agrees. Not being able to handle the closeness and Sam's gaze, he looks back down towards redwing.

He starts down the hallway, "only one way to find out," he says, trying to ignore how much he is enjoying Sam's company and how much he realizes he has missed it.

"Look at you a little time in Wakanda, and you come out White Panther," Sam's smooth, low, gravely voices jokes through the mic.

"It's actually white wolf," Buck corrects him enjoying Sam's confusion spluttering in the earpiece over his nickname.

---

A flash of red comes at him, then suddenly Sam is latched to him as they tumble through a field of flowers. They finally stop rolling, Bucky landing on top of Sam, their legs intertwined as they gasp for air.

"We could have used that shield," Bucky huffs his face inches from Sams.

Sam lugs Bucky off of him, "get off of me." he says, still in shock over the current situation.

"Those were all supersoldiers Sam," Buck says, stating the obvious.

"Obviously! Your welcome, by the way," Sam retorts, his right arm still over Buck's, their hands just barely touching.

Bucky gazes up at the clouds, his breathing slowing and coming back down to normal. 

He turns his head to look at Sam, "thank-you," he whispers sincerely. 

Sam turns his head, their eyes meeting, smiling slightly. They just lay there silently gazing at each other. Looking down at their hands, Sam slowly rubs his pinky along Buckys in response.

Just as Bucky starts thinking about interlocking their hands, Sam groans, removing his hand standing up. 

Dusting himself off, "ok, let's fly back to town so we can figure out where to go from here," Sam states.

Bucky scuffs, "yeah, no, I am not flying. I will walk and meet you back there," as he stands up.

"Aww is the big scary winter soldier scared of heights?" Sam teases, picking a flower.

"No, but I am, and you would be too if that was how you died," Buck states coldly, looking around at the flowers surrounding them.

Sam places a flower behind Bucky's ear, "I know," he whispers, silently scolding himself for calling Bucky the Wintersoldier even if it was for a joke.

As Sam's hand is still behind Bucky's ear, he turns, making them both freeze. They are less than a foot apart, and Bucky is becoming increasingly aware of the butterflies multiplying in his stomach along with that warm aching accompanying it.

Sam clears his throat and starts walking in the direction of the road. Bucky shakes his head, grabbing the flower from behind his ear. He follows Sam out of the field, sticking the flower in his pocket. 

Hey, guys hope you liked this. I will be doing this stuff to each episode, adding more SamBucky moments to them. I also will be doing regular ones in between each episode if they come to me. Please let me know what things you would like to see or even if you have an idea you want me to write out. - Xoxo