Undercover and Uncomfortable

Prompt: Bucky and Sam are on an undercover mission to get further information about this man they are tracking. He is said to be a collector and seller of any and all things illegal. They got a tip-off that he was making some transactions at a club in DC, and they decided to check it out.

While Bucky hated the cold and definitely had more than his fair share of it. However, on this particular occasion, he was glad that it was late fall in DC. Which meant he was able to effectively cover his arm with thick clothes making this mission much easier. 

He grabs his glasses that, courtesy of Shuri, made his face appear to others differently so he wouldn't be recognized. However, most people don't often have a vibranium arm which makes the disguise the glasses give only go so far. 

He puts the glasses on, grabbing his coat as he hears knocking on his door. Opening the door to see a very good-looking Sam leaning on the wall staring at him in his deep red turtleneck sweater, black leather jacket, and his sunglasses.

"You look ridiculous," is all Buck says, walking right past Sam.

"What do you mean? I look like I always do on a mission," Sam retorts, clearly offended and confused, pushing himself off the wall.

"Exactly," Buck says over his shoulder. He can feel Sam's eyes burning into his back behind them as they walk into the elevator at the end of the hall.

Sam follows him into the elevator. 

Once the door closes, "it's night. You can't walk into a club wearing sunglasses," Buck explains.

"Well, if you are so smart, how do you suggest I disguise myself while staying connected to you through the headset?" Sam says.

"I am glad you asked," Buck says, smirking.

"Put on these they are headsets that are designed to look like hearing aids and then put on some regular glasses," Bucky says, handing him the hearing aids from his coat jacket. Also, courtesy of Shuri, who fully equipped him before he left.

He smirks while Sam makes a face-pulling at him off the sunglasses putting on the earpiece glaring at him.

"Look at you being all smart with good ideas. Who are you, and what did with my Buck?" Sam quips, chuckling slightly, bumping his shoulder against Buckys.

Bucky just rolls his eyes smiling slightly at Sam, calling him my Buck.

He knows Sam didn't mean it that way, but it doesn't make the flutter in his stomach any less at the idea of him being Sam's.

"Ok, so the tip-off said that he would be at the club Rolling Tiger and would be making some transactions. Hopefully, we can get some information," Sam says as they walk out of Bucky's apartment building.

Bucky frowns at the name, trying to figure out where he had heard the name before. 

--- 

They pull up to the club getting in line. Buck starts to casually scan the line noticing that almost all the couples were same-sex couples and then notices the rainbow flag inside the door.

He slings his arm around Sam's shoulder, "just trust me," he whispers in Sam's ear as they are next in line.

The bouncer immediately opens the rope, letting them in, but before they enter too far into the club. Bucky removes his arm as soon as they are inside.

"What was that about?" Sam asks, turning towards Bucky once they are out of earshot from the bouncer.

"Look around," Bucky murmurs in his ear before heading towards the bar.