New Beginnings and Nightmares (part 2)

It was moving day, and Bucky had spent all this morning packing his stuff to go to Sam's, then spent the whole afternoon unpacking all his stuff in his new room in Sam's house. Even though he didn't have much stuff, it somehow took him way longer than expected.

Bucky finally finished unpacking all his crap, deciding to see what Sam's doing.

Sam is sitting on the couch watching a random show when Buck enters the living room.

"Sam, can you please move over?" Buck asks politely, standing next to Sam on the couch. Sam was currently sitting directly in the middle of the couch, not leaving much room on the two-seater couch.

"Sam."

"Really? You're not going to move?" Bucky sighs, exasperated.

"No, this is my couch in my house, so if I don't want to move over, I don't have to," Sam says stubbornly, crossing his arms, his eyes not wavering from the tv.

"Fine, I guess you leave me no choice," Bucky sighs, sitting on top of Sam's lap.

"Get off of me, man!" Sam exclaims, trying to push him off.

"Nope," Buck says, turning so he is now straddling Sam on the couch, his arms crossed in a defiant pout blocking him from the t.v.

"Really?" Sam exclaims, annoyed.

"Yup, I am your guest, and you shouldn't treat your guests like this," Bucky states.

"You are not my guest Buck. You are my incredibly annoying roommate who is living here for free, by the way," Sam exclaims.

Buck glares, shifting a bit since one of his legs was falling asleep.

Sam exhales sharply, his eyes shutting.

"What?" Buck asks, thinking maybe he hurt Sam. 

"Please stop moving," Sam demands, trying his best not to reveal exactly why.

"Why?" Bucky asks, scrunching his eyebrows when the realization dawns on him. 

His mouths turn upwards in a smirk, and he raises one of his eyebrows, "aww, is Sammie jr getting excited to see me?"

"Absolutely not," Sam retorts defensively.

"Really? So you wouldn't mind if I did this?" Bucky says, shifting around slowly down on Sam's lap. His arms reaching to the top of the couch, trapping Sam in. 

"Ok ok fine, you win. Just please stop!" Sam pleads to put his hands on Bucky's shoulders, his eyes tightly shut.

Bucky stops, sitting back down on Sam's laps, still straddling him just quite a bit closer this time. 

They sit there for what feels like minutes, Bucky on Sam's lap just staring at each other the only sound is coming from the tv from whatever show Sam was watching. Their breathing falling into sink, neither daring to make a move.

Bucky swallows harshly as Sam's eyes flick down to his lips and back up at his eyes. Bucky subconsciously licks them at the sudden attention.

Sam clears his throat, pushing Bucky off him and shaking his head to clear his thoughts.

Bucky sits down next to Sam in the small space between him and the couch. Slinging his arms onto the back of the couch and throwing his feet onto Sam's lap, grabbing the remote in the process.

Flipping the channel to a cooking show Bucky smiles victoriously at Sam, who just rolls his eyes.

A few minutes pass them both silently watching the show, but Bucky can feel Sam glancing at his every so often.

Bucky's eyes still trained on the t.v. "And you say I am the one with a staring problem," he says, looking at Sam with raised eyebrows.

Bucky stares, his eyebrows raised while Sam searches his face, seemingly trying to figure something out in that brain of his. 

"Fuck it," Sam whispers, and before Bucky can even process what he said. 

Sam pulls him, so he is laying flat on the couch and is hovering over him inches from his face. He stops just hovering over Bucky, glancing at his lips as if he is giving Bucky time to reject him.

"Do it," Bucky whispers, leaning up slightly. Sam reacts immediately, bringing their lips together in a feverish kiss.

Bucky grabs Sam's shirt pulling him down, so he is almost lying on top of Bucky. Sam's hand cupped around Bucky's face, his other hand holding him up so as not to crush the man underneath him. Bucky's hand travel up Sam's shirt, feeling his defined, chiseled muscles Bucky had wanted to feel for longer than he would ever admit.

Bucky breaks the kiss laying back down on the couch, "you know I don't think that my therapist meant for us to do this when she said for us to move in together," he says, chuckling lightly.

Sam chuckles, "Buck, your therapist thinks we are in a relationship," Sam responds.

"What!" Bucky cries, sitting up with Sam there legs still entangled and clutching onto each other like they may disappear if they don't hold on.

"Buck, we were in couples therapy," he states as if it the most obvious thing in the world.

Bucky sits there; his eyebrows scrunched in confusion

Bucky's eyes widen as a realization dawns on him, "omg that is why she had a weird look on her face when I said we hadn't had much time to ourselves to work with the new equipment!

I was talking about training with the shield and stuff. She must have thought that I meant..." Bucky trails in horror.

Sam has a big toothy grin on his face at the unbelievable stupidity of his boyfriend. Lover? Friend with benefits? No, Sam decided boyfriend Sam wanted this man to be his boyfriend, and he would stop at nothing the make it happen.

"That is why she insisted I move in with you! She thought that us not living near each other was getting in the way of..." Bucky puts his head in his hands.

OMG, his therapist just set him up. 

Sam just sits there shaking his head and chuckling at his boyfriend's stupidity.

"Forget about her and just come here," Sam says, patting the space on the couch in front of him as he lays against the couch, his feet behind Bucky.

Bucky silently lays next to him, snuggling into him a look of distraught still evident on his face.

And they fall asleep right there on the couch, snuggled up against each other.

Hey, guys hope you liked this. I honestly didn't know what I would do for this, so if it feels somewhat choppy and unprepared, it's because it was. I still hope you enjoyed it, though! Please let me know if you have any ideas. I can only write as much as I have ideas for, so if you have any prompts or moments you want to see, let me know! - Xoxo