To the Future and White Wolf (Part 2)

The next two days are just filled with paperwork and meetings for Sam and Bucky. Today is finally the day, and honestly, Sam has no idea what to expect. Bucky has only given slivers of information over the past year about Wakanda and his time there. He is so casual about it it's honestly irritating Sam. They are going to arguably the strongest, most powerful country in the world by invitation from the Royal Family, and Bucky is acting like they are going on a casual vacation to the beach. Actually, no, he is acting like they are going to a weekend at grandmas, which is the most unnerving thing in the world. 

Now that has led Sam to have a mild anxiety attack in their bedroom while staring at their shared closet, completely unaware of what to pack.

"Bucky!" Sam shouts.

Seconds later, Bucky appears a Captain America coffee mug in hand leaning on the door, "Yeah?"

"What do I need to pack? You haven't given me any information, and I am freaking out because I am not packed, and we are leaving in a few hours," Sam says, trying to keep his voice calm, not letting his anxiety and annoyance seep through.

"Oh. Um... Just pack a few t-shirts and some jeans and some PJs," he replies, shrugging taking a sip from the mug.

Sam stares at him for a few seconds scrunching his eyebrows, "we are going to a festival and ceremony..." he says slowly to Bucky, hoping he understands how crazy he sounds.

"Yeah, but Shuri is in charge of our outfits for the whole festival and ceremony, so the only clothes you need to bring is stuff for when we aren't doing that," Bucky explains.

Sam takes a deep breath turning and grabbing the nicest t-shirts and sweaters he owns, praying that Bucky knows what he is doing and that he doesn't make Sam look stupid and unprepared in the process.

"Can you throw in a few things for me to while you're at it?" Bucky asks, leaving to go back to the kitchen before Sam can reply.

Sam stands there, eyebrows scrunched, staring incredulously at the space Bucky was just a second ago in complete bewilderment. He packs Bucky's favorite shirts alongside his before heading towards the bathroom and packing their bathroom bag.

Once he is done, all their clothes and things are packed, sitting on the bed, waiting for Bucky to carry them out to the car. His eyes catch on the silver and black vibranium case sitting on the floor of their closet.

It's supposed to be a vacation, but it feels strange not bringing the suit with him as he has everywhere since he got it almost a year ago. 

He decides that is probably a question for Bucky.

Walking out of the bedroom entering the Kitchen, Sam stops in his tracks to see two Dora Milaje standing in their kitchen drinking coffee spears still in hand talking with Bucky in Wakandan. 

Bucky turns, hearing Sam walk in, sending him a smile, "Hey, coffee is made."

Sam blinks, breaking himself from the daze. The really crazy part is this isn't even in the top ten of the strangest things that have happened in his life. Is this real? What is his life?

Sam grabs the coffee mug from Bucky, trying his hardest to seem casual and not catch flies in his mouth from staring.

"Ayo," Sam greets, "nice to see you again. And what's your name?" he asks the much younger-looking Dora standing next to Ayo.

"This is Onyeka. She has just finished her training which White Wolf helped me start during his last few weeks in Wakanda," Ayo replies.

Sam's eyes widen for a moment in surprise, glancing at Bucky, who has a small smile on his face with pride in his eyes at the young girl.

"Well, nice to meet you," Sam greets her.

The girl nods in reply, sipping her coffee.

Bucky turns to Sam, "You ready to go?" he asks before rinsing his mug in the sink, taking Ayo and Onyeka's from them loading them in the washer. 

Sam nods, handing Bucky his mug.

Bucky loads the mugs turning on the dishwasher, his hand finding Sam's shoulder giving a quick squeeze before walking towards the bedroom, leaving them in the kitchen in silence. Sam keeps his eyes on his hands, picking at the calluses on his hand. 

Thankfully Bucky returns within a minute, holding their suitcase, bags, and the case all stacked on top of each other. 

It still blew Sam away how strong Bucky was even after a year. It still hadn't lost its shock value. Bucky would just pick things up that were twice Sam's weight and carry them around like they were the same weight as Alpine. 

Shortly after they had moved into their house, Sam dragged Bucky to IKEA to get new furniture. He would never forget the look on the people's faces when they had asked Sam and him if they needed help carrying it back to their car, and Bucky just picked up the couch promptly carrying it out of the store, followed by Sam with the cart barely containing his chuckles.

Bucky tosses Sam his phone, which he had left on their bed before following the Dora out the door. 

Sam stands there in shock for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts before walking out the door, locking it behind him. Turning around, Sam's jaw drops at the massive Wakandan ship hovering in the middle of their yard.

Sam fast walks, catching up to Bucky as the hatch to the ship opens the Dora walking onto the ship as two guards appear standing on either side of the entrance. Sam swallows hard as he follows Bucky onto the ship.

"White Wolf," the guards greet, bowing as Bucky walks past them, closing the hatch behind Sam.

Sam is sure at this point he must look like a gaping fish out of water. Bucky sets the luggage in the corner, strapping it down before sitting down on the bench. He looks up at Sam expectantly, smiling slightly at the starstruck look on Sam's face gesturing to the seat beside him.

Sitting closely beside Bucky, he leans over, "you didn't tell me they were picking us up. Do you know how surprising it is to walk into your kitchen to see two Dora Milaje drinking coffee with your boyfriend?" he whispers to Bucky.

"Also, what's with the bowing?" he adds.

Bucky just chuckles, smiling, resting his hand on Sam's thigh.

Just then, Ayo and Onyeka enter from the cabin, "White Wolf, we are ready to set off," Ayo tells him, sitting across from them, Onyeka sitting next to her. 

Bucky nods, and they lift off.