8: Conversations

Bella's pov

As soon as the class ended I hastily went towards Susan and told her that I was going to meet Harold.
Obviously she was surprised at first but not after much long she started protesting and convincing me not to go.
I,on the other hand determined to meet him somehow convinced her and gave her one of my shawarma as bribery.

I almost ran towards the garage.
Yes I ran and believe me I felt so stupid doing so but I did it because of my anxiousness and curiosness to know what he wanted to talk about now.

Reaching the garage I started searching for his car when I remembered he came walking . I saw him sitting on the same bench we sat the last time.
I went towards him .

We exchanged awkward 'hi's .
Then I sat beside him on the bench .

"So you wanted to talk to me about something?"
I started

"I-uh-I yeah I wanted to tell you. "
He says fumbling then after clearing his throat he continued
"I should have told you this before. Believe me I didn't mean to keep it from you it just happened. Its-uh-I-I'm......"

He was acting weird.
I could see that he was getting anxious, confused, hesitant...All of it.

He was actually stammering, fumbling with words. Trying hard to use the correct words.

This all was enough to make me anxious too.
I was curious to know what he was talking about but more than that I just wanted to get rid of the stupid thoughts I was getting right now of what bomb he could possibly be planning to drop?

What did he keep from me? Most importantly why did he even kept something from me?
I wanted to know.

Anxiety was eating me.

Looking at him I could make out whatever the thing was , it was definitely not good.

It scared me so I said anything to delay this conversation.
"Wait! "
I went for my bag that I was carrying and took out the shawarma I had packed in plastic.

"Homade lunch in college?" He asked

"Not a regular thing though."I answered.

"Here." I said giving him the shawarma roll.

"Is this for me?"

"You said you've never tasted Indian food .So here it is my family special 'Indio-Italian shawarma'."

"Your family special?"

"Ahaan."

"You made it?"

"Not entirely by myself but yeah with my granny as a cooking-manual for me."
I chuckled stating it , making the environment more calm and normal.

"Okay so I'm your first costumer?"
He asked evidently faking uncertainty.

"Ahan. You are and you have no choice. " I declared

"Alright. " he said chuckling.

After taking a good bite. I waited impatiently for his reaction.
I haven't got praises for my cooking before.
But this time I was actually confident about my cooking.

I could see his face brightening.
Then he said.

"Its amazing. I haven't tasted any thing like this before, its a bit spicy but undoubtedly delicious. "

I smiled at him my biggest smile , I may have shown some teeth too.
I know it is stupid but I was nothing but gay. It was the first time I was getting praised for my cooking and I was so happy about it.
_________________________________________