12: Weird feelings...

Bella's pov

"Just stop here only." I told Harold when we reached close to my home.

"Here only .Why?" Harold asked

"Is it even required to ask? I don't want to be seen in your car.."
I said those harsh words in the most polite way as possible.

"Yeah , I get it.."

"So.."

After brief pause he said.

"I didn't get to tell you.."

I gave him a chuckle.

"I think it wasn't meant to be.." I stated.

"Maybe.."

"Umm-so . Bye?"

"Uh.." He tailed off as if he wanted to say something but couldn't bring himself to do so.

"Yes?"

He shook his head.
"Nevermind. Bye." He said

"Okay."
I said and waited for him to say anything else but he didn't.
I went for my door .
I thought he would ask me to wait like the other time.
I thought that he would open the door for me but he didn't.

Why this sudden change? What did I do wrong? I thought and as soon as I held the door handle, it opened.

Harold was standing infront of me, holding the door for me.

I didn't know why but I felt so relieved seeing him standing there, an involuntary smile crept in my face. I tried hard not to show it.

I came out of the car and once again stood face to face with Harold.

He was looking down at the ground evidently avoiding eye contact with me.
I was confused.

Why did he suddenly distanced himself too much?
Was it because he did not get to tell me that 'thing'?

"Umm. Take care. "
He said hesitatingly .

I didn't know how to respond to this so I just stood there without saying anything.

Then he went back into his car and drove off.

It seemed as if my heart skipped a beat.
I stood there completely bewildered of this bizarre situation.
_________________________________________

Monday

Bella's pov

"So how did you do the dressing today?"
Asked Susan

"Mother did it."I replied in a monotone voice.

"About your mother,did she believe that stupid mango story ?"
She asked

"Obviously she knows how clumsy I can get.."

She grinned in reply and said
"She knows you well."

I sighed, clearly not in a mood to joke.

"Cheerup lady you're again being led by your "overthinking thingy" .I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. " she said to bring me out of my melancholy.

I sighed again.

"Common now the bell rang , its time for next class." She said , defeated.

Without any further exchange of words I headed towards the class.
I didn't know why I was feeling this way all gloomy and dull.
However I made myself believe that it was not because of Harold.
Harold....
He is one thing that confuses me what is he upto why does he do the things he do ?,,I know nothing about him.
As much as I think I'm getting to know him better he distances himself even more, he comes out to be someone even more foriegn and complicated for me to understand.

Last weekend after our meeting on Friday, I believed that he would text me even after how distanced he acted at the end of our meeting I thought he would text me...

I sigh .

I don't know why I'm hoping so much from him I hardly know him !

However I can't deny the sense of dejection I'm feeling since our last encounter.

I sigh again , ready to drag myself for the rest of the college.

"Long time no see. Where are you these days!?" Exclaimed an overexcited Stacy

"Hey ! What's up Stacy." I faked a smile , though I was happy to meet her but that didn't help me come out of my melancholy.

"Everything is awesome! And its going to be the same for you once I told you the good news. "

"Good news?"

"Yesss."

"Come on then tell me already. "

"Thats no fun . Guess it."

I huff.

"You know I suck at that."

"IDC. You have to guess or else I'm not gonna tell you and I also know that it will make you assume stupid shit and you'll go wild." She said with laughter.

One thing about Stacy is that she is always jolly and makes you laugh too.
If you ever feel lonely or depressed then she is the best medication for you. She knows exactly how to bring you out of your depressed state.

"You're right though and I would certainly not want to go for the second option. So lemme guess..hmm.."
I said and continued
"Don't tell me you're organising another party?"

"You're right you suck at guessing but atleast use your brain. I know you hate college parties so how is it going to make your day awesome?"

"Right. Hmm then .Aww did you convince your mother that you want to pursue modeling as a career?"

"Great guess but, Nah, sadly. Now you have one more chance guess correctly this time, please. "

"Now you're irritating me. Umm-lets see. I don't know...Okay wait..Umm-Drake is never coming to college again?" I gave a humourless chuckle as that was nearly impossible to happen.

"Aaaand...Bravo you did it ."

"What!? Drake Weasley has quited college?"

"Nope. Not exactly he is going to take his degree anyways , towards the end of this year as it was his last year here."

"Hmm so what will he be doing till then?"

"Okay so listen I came to know that his father ,the business tycoon of Ireland has now decided that its high time and that his child isn't getting anything except detentions studying here so why not bring him back and train , that dog to work under him and inherit his company after. "

"Thats...........awesome. "

"IKR"

Here's one more thing about Stacy she has this weird obsession with using contractions for every other word.
It makes you appear cool, she says.

Whatever it was I'm happy I'm never going to see Drake Weasley's mouse of a face again and that also means Susan can now finally relax as Drake has succeeded to become her new nightmare but not anymore.
I needa tell her this great news this instant.

Internally, I was thanking Stacy to divert my mind from the weird and new stuff I had gotten myself into.
_________________________________________
AN

Short chapter. I know
As I told a few chapters back I'm not well , dealing with fever, headache and stuff. Nevertheless I'll update frequently..
So, this was Stacy Demeto,one of my favourite character, dedicated to my 'nosy friend' ;)

Anyways I hope you like her character as much as I do. Comment and let me know what you think of Stacy and also this chapter.

Happy Reading xoxo