38: The Closure

"I love her and it hurts, when I would give her such hints but she would laugh as if all that was some kind of joke!"

It took me sometime to register the outburst confession made by him.
But he was right somewhere, I always knew, Charles had feelings for Gemma. That was very evident from the way he would initially act in front of her, talk to her or talk about her.

But love?
Wasn't it something too huge!?
Too sudden!?
Or maybe not that sudden, as far as I can rationalate, Charles liked Gemma even before she started dating Drake.

I had realised that but was so lost in my investigation that I forgot about Charles, who waited for me to respond.

"She laughs it off, maybe because she thinks you are not serious. Perhaps she ponders, that's the way you are with everyone."

"Yeah, whatever it's no use talking about this stuff now." He said and was about to leave when I called out.

"No, wait Charles. You love Gemma then tell her!"

"I wouldn't even bother saying, NO." He joked with a straight face.

Oh, okay, my bad!

"Why not? That's deceiving Gemma!"

"Wha- How is that deceiving Gemma?"

"You have feelings for her then she's got all right to be aware of it."

"Sorry? I got feelings for Gemma so it's on me if I want to tell her."

"But would you like to cause her more pain?"

"How is this question even being asked here?"

"Just, answer please."

"No, of course I would never want her to go through any kind of pain."

"I wouldn't even bother being obnoxious and saying, "aww". Anyways you know, it would hurt her, when she comes to know about this through someone else."

"You-!"

"No no, Oh Dio (oh God). Not me! I would never tell her, but I can surely tell that you won't be able to hide it from her, forever."

"How can you be so sure of it."

"Did you know, I will come to know?"

"Hey, I told you."

"Yes, you did but your behaviour did before you. And so will it do for Gemma, your composture will tell her something is fishy and then..."

"Yeah, as if she will ask and I will tell her."

"Why wouldn't you!?"

"Because Bella."
He started frustratedly , I surely was testing his patience. After taking a sharp, deep breath, he continued his reasoning,
"I don't want to intensify her pain and worries. She is still not over Drake and now she has his child inside her. You are well aware that she is not emotionally stable. Will she be able to take another shock?"

"Why would it shock her?" I asked him for which I got a heavy sigh in response.

"I wonder how Harry copes up with you."
He mumbled

"I would act as I didn't hear that." I replied with a perfect smile on.

"Charles listen, I was able to make out, you had feelings for Gemma from the day, I first witnessed you two together, just I was not very sure of it and honestly speaking not very much concerned. But that same way I was able to notice, that Gemma thinks of you as someone special just that she had Drake that time.
But she didn't realise his darkness blinded her and constricted her from discovering the light and warmth she found in you.
Therefore, believe me, I wouldn't argue, Gemma did love Drake, but he was not Drake Weasely, he was her expectation of her soulmate that she was misled by Drake into believing that he was that person for her.
And yes, she does have Drake's child attached to her that shares her flesh but that's nothing but Drake's fragment in her and moulding it into someone is on her and her mate.
And you being with her will not trouble her rather it will bring her to peace and provide her with stability that she very much requires."