Chapter 1

*FLASH BACK*

Age: 5

"Y/n guess what" Shoto said. "What is it" I asked. "I got my quirk!" He said smiling. 

"CAN I  SEE?!" I asked. He lifted his hand up and fire appeared on his hand. I smiled widely. "I really hope I get my quirk soon!" I said. 

*A few months later*

I remember my father said I had to go to the doctor. I still hadn't got my quirk while all the kids around me did. 

I sat still as the doctor took some blood from me. They went to run some tests as my father sat eager to know my results as my mother caressed my head lightly. 

The doctor entered the room and looked up at us. "Well... your daughter may manifest her quirk but based on these results there's a 5% chance she will and if she does get one she may experience problems with it." the doctor said.

I sat there eyes wide not knowing what to do or say. 

The car ride home was silent. "Enji please-" Rei said. "Stop we'll deal with this when we get home" he grumbled.

As we entered the house Shoto, Fuyumi, and Natsuo came up to me eager to know my results. "Are you gonna get a quirk?" Shoto asked. I looked to the side.

I couldn't look at him in the eyes I was too ashamed. "Give Y/n some time she's upset" Rei said ushering me to my bed. 

That night I cried myself to sleep and did the same for a week. That's when tragedy struck. Shoto would always come back to our room with tears in his eyes and bandages all over his body.

"Sho... What happened to you?" I asked. "Nothing... you wouldn't understand your quirkless remember" He said to me. During that moment I felt my heart shatter all the emotion drained from me in that moment. 

I had never felt more alone during that time in my life. I had no hope to ever get my brother back. 

One of the days I saw Shoto training as father yelled at him I watched in horror as he struck Shoto across the face. 

"SHOTO!" I yelled running to his side. I looked up at father and glared. "Move" father said. I shook my head putting my arms out in front of Shoto. 

I squeezed my eyes shut as father lifted his hand and struck me across the face. "your quirkless and weak stay out of Shoto's way" Father said. 

After that day I still helped Shoto even if he didn't want me to. I didn't care. The only other person than Shoto I cared about the most in my family was my mom. 

She would always put m and Shoto to sleep and comfort us. The one thing I hated was watching her suffer a she tried to protect Shoto as much as she could. 

One day I remember hearing Shoto's screams. I ran to the kitchen to see mom pouring boiling water on him. 

I ran over and pushed Shoto out of the way as the water fell all over my left hand. "No...I'm sorry" Mom said crying.

After that day mom was put in a hospital. My hand healed and you could barely see the scar Shoto on the other hand had a scar on his left eye.  

Shoto had put away all his emotions usually mostly being cold or distant to me so I did the same. 

I had decided that being a hero was pointless if I couldn't even save my mother let alone not even having a quirk. 

I didn't have to put my studies ahead of me because I was always 1 in academics in my class. I was also pretty good in sports so I tried to live as normally as possible....

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ok so this was  just the beginning so it's not as long as everything else is going to be. THANK YOU FOR READING SEE YA!