How to Live in a Camp of Rebels

After another long break... the story is back! Get ready for some more of 1A, and a certain duo from 1B! What does Jiro's rebel group look like? You're about to find out :)...

I walk into the meeting, dragging Yaoyorozu behind me. Iida and Todoroki are at the front of the table, pointing at stuff, saying stuff, and generally looking important.

"Hahaha! Look who's here. What did you do wrong this ti--" Monoma's cut off by a karate chop from Kendo.

"Jiro." Iida glares at me.

Everyone glares at me, actually.

"Hey," I say, indignant, "I did the job perfectly."

Todoroki turns to Yaoyorozu. "What happened?"

So, he trusts my hostage more than me. "She jumped out a window with me. She stole my stuff. Carted me around like an untrustworthy dog. Got us kidnapped by an ogre. Too many smart com--"

"You did what?" Ojiro asks.

"Can I touch her boobs?" Mineta asks.

"No, Mineta. That was part of the consequences if they didn't do what we asked, remember?" Kaminari says.

"Oh, shit," I say before I can stop myself.

Everyone turns to me. "What did you do?" Todoroki asks, already preparing himself for my excuses.

"Forgottaputderansonoteinherroom," I mutter.

There's a moment's pause while my words are deciphered. "YOU FORGOT TO PUT THE RANSOM NOTE IN HER ROOM?"

I grin and slip out the door, leaving Yaoyorozu in their no doubt loving care. "Bye." I stuff my hands into my pockets and stroll to my tent. A second later, Nari pokes his head in. "This had better not be another bad attempt to flirt with me."

"Well it was going to be but I guess that plan's gone now," he says, sitting down next to me, purposely too close. His knee bumps mine and he grins. "Mostly."

The sound of lots of feet goes by outside. I sigh. "You'd better've given me a free escape pass."

"I pointed them in the wrong direction."

"Thanks," I say. It's not a word I use very often. I stand up and rummage through my containers until I find what I want. I fill a glass and hand it to Denki, before downing half the liquid in my own. Probably not a good decision, but they aren't how I got my reputation anyway. "Sometimes I wish I could just get out of this place, you know?"

"I know," Nari sighs. He swishes the liquid around, then brightens up. "You should."

"What?" I say. But the alcohol must already be working, because even though I know it's a bad idea... I don't think it's a bad idea.

"You should run away," Denki repeats. "And I should--"

"Please don't say you should come with me."

He pauses. "Definitely come with you."

"Didn't I just say...?"

"I added definitely, so we're all good. Let's go!" He grabs my arm and pulls me out of my tent cheerfully. We're halfway to the forest before I rediscover my voice.

"Hang on, Nari, we can't just up and go like this!"

"Except we are," he says.

He has a point.

I trip over something. "Shit." It's a body. I look closer. It's the Princess's body. Yeah, she looks like a useful hostage. What idiot did this?

"Idea!" Denki declares. I shush him. He continues, slightly quieter. "Take her and a ransom note, scare the King into doing what we want, return in favour, marry me and retire to a nice cottage in the wood!"

It's kind of a good plan. Except the last bit. "What did you give Old Baba Yaga for all these good ideas? Not the last part. And you'd better not come with."

"Well, there are two options open to you. One, you let me come with you. Two, you don't, I follow you, and cause a shitload more trouble than I would ever be able to if you were watching me." He grins, knowing full well I only have one option.

"Fine, come, but you're carrying the Princess." We haven't moved since I found her, and at this she shifts and mumbles. Fair enough: I'd be disturbed even in a state of unconsciousness if Nari was gonna carry me.

He'd argue but he knows from experience he won't win any debate with me. "We need a base for a while, till there ain't a search. Where're we gonna go?"

"Look at that, Kaminari Denki's planning ahead. What's next, an intelligent sentence?"

"Sarcasm is your life blood." He snorts. "You wanna go to the tree?"

"No."

Princess Yaoyorozu opens her eyes. I consider for a moment, lean forwards and knock her out again. "Where'd you get a saucepan?" Denki asks.

"Same place you got your idiocy."

"The tree?"

"No!"

He sets off towards the tree.

Kind of a short chapter, sorry! Asdaojmndknksnkl. But this'll probably be a whole bunch of short chapters... updated randomly... oops.