How to Successfully(ish) Add a Magic Horse to Your Inventory

Jiro's PoV! I'm going to try to update this more often, please bear with me!

I smirk at Princess Yaoyorozu, who is grimacing in slight disgust at the hem of her skirt. She is terrible at hiding her emotions, though she seems to think differently.

"Nari, you're burning your marshmallow," I mutter through a mouthful of melty goodness.

He snaps back to reality, surprised. "Huh." Nari pulls his stick out of the flames and regards the mostly black treat. He shrugs and pops it in his mouth anyway. Marshmallows are a rare luxury, and we were lucky to get one each. We may or may not have stolen them.

Yaoyorozu looks at me. I can see her brain whirling, know what she's going to ask before she asks it. "Where did you say we were going again?" It's a carefully phrased question, but I've known she's planning to betray us since she agreed to team up.

I was kind of planning on it, actually. "We're going to find Baba Yaga's horse," I say, dipping the end of my marshmallow-toasting stick in the dirt. I sketch out a rough map and tap our destination. "It takes three days, each as long as a year, to rightfully earn it and we don't have the time. Or, to be honest, the motivation."

"The only question is if the horse will properly bond with us," Nari adds. "We're bringing you because royal blood might come in handy."

She snorts at that, then catches herself, glancing at me and Nari to see if we noticed. I carefully control my expression, but oh man. She is not good at this at all.

Though she doesn't seem to think so. I sigh, standing up and dusting off my legs.

"We need to go to sleep," I say. "We have to start early tomorrow. And we gotta go far."

♥✿❀♪timeskip♪❀✿♥

I look at the sleeping Princess and sigh. She looks less grouchy when she's unconscious, but its already way past the time she should be up. Making up my mind, I lean over and shake her.

"Oi, Yaoyorozu," I say. "Wakey-wakey." No response. "We don't have any princes to give you a True Love's Kiss so you're going to have to open your eyes by yourself."

"Hold up, she's still asleep?" Nari asks. He sighs, slowing his horse down until it's in step with mine. "Kyoka, I know how you feel about her, but we're in sight of the Chicken-Legs House."

I glare at him. "Calling me Kyoka doesn't make me more forgiving, Nari. And the only thing I feel towards her is the general sentiment of she's useful."

Nari frowns, eyes on the road ahead. "I know you better than anyone else does. I know you're not happy with the plan-- don't argue, I saw you crying, and I see the way you look at her-- but we have to go through with it."

"Shut up, Nari," I say, spurring my horse on, up the hill towards the Chicken-Leg House. I can hear the sleepy protests of the awakening Princess, and stare determinedly at the legs of the house. As if that's going to stop me thinking about her.

I shake my head to clear the thoughts of our plan. It's no use: I just keep thinking, we've got to give her to them.

"It's facing away from us," I hiss at Nari and Yaoyorozu. They nod. We have about three minutes to get in and get out.

Nari pulls up his horse and grins, ready to be lookout. I take Yaoyorozu and we move off, silently, silently, towards the stables.

I push open the door and we come face-to-face with a very haughty-looking horse.

It brays as loud as it can, and I jump back as Yaoyorozu tries to hush it. The horse snorts. "Baba Yaga's dead. Why are you here?"

"To obtain you, magic horse!" I say.

The magic horse lowers its head and regards me with a dark spark in its eye. "Obtain? Me?" it thunders. Then it sighs and steps back. "I'm meant to wait for a brave, noble and handsome PRINCE."

"Well, sweetheart, you're gonna have to deal with me." I grin and leap onto its back. The horse tries to buck me off, but Yaoyorozu jumps on behind me and slaps its side with something in her hand.

"What's that?" I ask.

She leans forward and spurs the horse on. We burst out of the stables and gallop past Nari, who follows us with whoops of celebration.

I can feel Yaoyorozu's smug grin. "The power to destroy the world."

OooooOOOoOooOoooOoOOOOOOOoooOOh :3

See ya next time lovelies ♡