How to Non-Answer

HEYYYY Y'ALL I'M BACK BECAUSE I CAN'T STICK TO A DECISION SO REGULARISH CHAPTERS AGAIN >:)

The almighty and very royal Princess Yaoyorozu's PoV, let's go~~

"Ahh, reminds me of when I broke into your castle," Jiro says next to me. "Mind if I burn the door down?"

"Um, go ahead..." I say. I mean, not that what happens to this castle is any of my business, so I don't know why she asked me, but.

Yeah.

She grins and pulls out a match from one of her many bags. "Oh happy day!" Jiro declares. 

"I doth believe I see tears in thine eyes," Kaminari says. 

"You do!" Jiro says. There's a steady stream of tears from both her eyes, and I'm surprised she manages to light the match. She looks incredibly happy as she sets the wooden door on fire. 

Perhaps it's because of that smile that something in me aches.

I don't know why it does, but it hurts more than any superficial wound ever could.

Jiro kicks through the door with a satisfied yell. "AHAHAHAHA! I'm off to find a mirror, bitches! See ya!" 

I chuckle quietly as she disappears inside the castle along with Carpet. Kaminari sighs and hits me on the back of my head. I wince, hands moving automatically to cover the spot, and turn to face him. "Oi."

He sticks his hands in his pockets and looks at me, unusually serious. "You know it's impossible," Kaminari says quietly. 

I nod. Part of me rebels against it, but I know I can't keep going. I'm resigned to it now. I wasn't when I first realised, but if I can spend the rest of my time with Jiro— with them— I think it's better if I die.

Despite that, tears form— quietly, softly, slowly, incessantly falling. Kaminari's eyes soften and he squats down, looking up at me. 

"You have a chance," he says. "Before you go, do it."

My lips part slightly. I can't, I tell myself before I even know what it is. I open my mouth wider to say something— anything— but I see a flash of pink and red and pink again and I can't. I grab Kaminari's arm and drag him into the castle.

"They've come?" he asks.

I nod, looking down the old and worn-out corridors. The left path is carpeted by moth-eaten red silk, and the right is lit by flickering golden lanterns. 

"Which way?"

"The secret passageway." He presses several bricks in the wall, fast and unhesitating. A door opens and he pulls me through it. It snaps shut, barely missing my ankle.

"How'd you know about that?"

He stiffens and his grip on my hand tightens before he lets go. "Lucky guess. Come on."

Oh, I see. A lucky guess.

YEAH, LIKE I'D BELIEVE THAT.

"Will they be able to chase us through it?" I ask. "With a similar lucky guess?"

"No."

"Fuck you and your non-answers."

"Short answers."

"Same thing."

"You get the information," he says, turning right. "There's a difference."

I huff. "Fine. How are you sure of where you're going?"

"Because Jiro—" he breaks off, shakes his head at himself. I barely manage to catch the gesture in the dimness of the secret passage. "Even if you're going to die, I can't tell you. Just because." He pushes a stiff and rotten door out of the way and sighs in relief at the sight of a cobwebby room. "Now, that was a non-answer."