How to Find a Decent Ally (and Why a Royal Courtier Just Won't Do)

Thank you all for sticking in there! I know I rarely update this story, and I'm sorry about that. I hope you enjoy it anyway ♡

This chapter, it's Yaomomo's PoV! Mostly! For the first part! Shut up, me, let's just start!

I blink.

Well, I'm not sure if it can be called blinking if it's eyes closed to eyes open and back to eyes closed. But it'll do.

"Bitch!" The Disgrace to 99.9% of Humanity yells out the door at Blatant Pokemon Advertisement. "That applies to you too," she snaps, spinning around and glaring at me.

I sit up, realise she may not have originally noticed I was conscious, and lie back down quickly.

The Worldwide Embarrassment sweatdrops. "I saw you sit up."

I cross my arms and sit back up. Blatant Pokemon Advertisement pokes his head back in the door. "Hello, Princess." He attempts to grab and kiss my hand, but I yank it away.

The girl-who-I'm-running-out-of-names-for squats. "You need to lose the attitude," she tells me. "We need your help." She pauses. "Don't think I introduced myself. Jiro Kyoka. The idiot's Kaminari Denki."

"Oi," he whines.

I guess I may as well call them by their names in my head. Jiro ignores him. "So, will you help us?"

I consider this. "What help do you need, and what do I get?"

"We need your coordination in not fighting back. Nari here is actually surprisingly strong."

"Surprisingly?" he splutters.

Jiro elbows him. "Shut up. We need to make a good..." she looks at her hand, twitches a few fingers. "Third impression. Anyway. We also need your help with finding a few things."

"And what's in it for me?"

Jiro shrugs. "Your ruby back. Your privileged life back. Maybe we can arrange to get you a treaty with some other kingdoms. Four-hundred year old wine."

I pretend to think over it. In reality, I've already made my decision. Fake going along with it (turns out those acting lessons will be useful), escape, get treated perfectly again. "Alright," I say. "But you'd better make it two bottles of the wine."

"Deal." Jiro spits on her hand and offers it.

I lecture myself as I stick out my own hand and shake firmly. You're going to have to deal with it. With everything. Until you get your own back. And you have to do it believably. Not over-eager, not haughty. I let the faintest trace of a smile appear. "I have almost no doubt that you are completely untrustworthy, but even so, you're more trustworthy than the royal courtiers."

Jiro snickers. "You should have seen the courtiers when..." she trails off. "Probably shouldn't say that. But believe me, your royal courtiers are nothing to the ones in the Toshinori Kingdom."

Kaminari nods. "Yeah, the Toshinori Kingdom has a great King, but the rest is pretty terrible. On the other hand, the Bakugo Kingdom has the worst ruler and the rest is terrible, but the girls..." he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Shut up," I say. I realise that Jiro said the same thing at the same time as me, and raise my eyebrows at her.

"Knee-jerk reaction by now," she mutters. "You'll get used to it too." Kaminari pouts at her. Jiro  ignores him. "Anyway, we're heading east in an hour. You'd better get ready." She pauses, smirks. "Mentally, that is. Not many supplies to gather, I imagine."

I shake my head after she departs with Kaminari, probably to get food. And water. And rope. And whatever. What did I just get myself into?

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

Iida Tenya slams his fist on the table. "They're gone!" he yells.

They all know this, of course. This is just Iida's way of taking out his anger. He punches the table again. (The poor wood groans at the impact. It's going to crack under the pressure, the rest of the rebels are sure of it.)

"Calm down," Todoroki says, regarding his fellow leader with a hint of contempt. "Kaminari is stupid. Jiro, unfortunately, is not, but she often forgets to think things through. Princess Yaoyorozu--" he says it with a slight sneer-- "we do not need in person. We have her tiara."

"The one Jiro let her lose," Monoma supplies.

"Yes. That one." Todoroki does not like him very much at all. He doesn't like anyone very much, though. So.

He looks around at his rebels. His life and that of the country itself is in their hands, he reminds himself, grim. Todoroki inhales, ready to give his orders.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

King Bakugo is mostly a figurehead. His wife has all the power.

She glowers at the messenger. "Say that again."

"We think they're getting ready for an all-out war. The Toshinori Kingdom, that--"

"I didn't mean for you to actually say that again!" she snaps. "It's something people say when they want to be intimidating."

The poor messenger gulps. "I'll just..." he gestures weakly. "Go." He backs out of the room, tripping over himself in his haste. The door closes firmly behind him.

Mitsuki glowers at him. "We need a smarter messenger," she tells Masaru.

Outside the doors, Kirishima Eijirou and Uraraka Ochako hold their hands firmly over Bakugo Katsuki's mouth. They know he's about to yell 'he's the smartest one of his rank!' They actually agree with him quite strongly.

But it is a very bad idea to provoke Mitsuki Bakugo.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

Toshinori Yagi sighs. He's not suited for war. Well, 21 out of 24 hours he's not.

This is going to be very difficult, he thinks glumly. It's unlikely the other sides will sportingly agree to put the battle on hold when he's in his weaker state.

But war goes on, and drags kingdoms with it. This is, undeniably, a fact.

It so happens that Toshinori does not like this particular fact.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

King Yaoyorozu is moping.

He has been for a long time, due to the Princess's flat-out refusal to marry. But now she's gone, he's even more miserable.

Ashido Mina sometimes finds herself wondering how his subjects haven't revolted yet. Perhaps because he doesn't execute anyone.

Yes, she thinks. That must be it.

The only problem with the King's gentle nature is that it's unsuitable for war.

And war is coming.

Dun. Dun. Dunnnnnnn. See you next blue moon, and I hope you enjoyed!