How to Win a Battle

Sorry you had to wait so long! This is where it gets interesting, though, so hopefully it was worth it ♡

Jirooooo, let's gooo >:)

I gape. "Yaoyorozu!"

"Get behind me and stay out of the battle!" she snaps.

Wow. That does not sound like the Princess I know. "Um, excuse me, who are you?"

Yaoyorozu smirks at me. "A hot-ass lesbian, here to save you."

Oh dear, that sounded way better when I said it. Probably shouldn't tell her that. "Thanks, but as people go I'm not that worthy of saving? And you're not doing anything?"

"I'm informing you of important things! Shush for a moment!" Yaoyorozu says.

"Important things?" I'm sceptical. "Like what?"

"Just give me a moment! This is dramatic!" the Princess pouts at me.

"And as the True Princess, you know all about drama," I quip.

Yaoyorozu closes her eyes, then opens them, trying to calm herself. Her black pupils fixate on me. "I'm not the True Princess. You are."

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

Todoroki and Kaminari are yelling at each other. It isn't angry, they're just ensuring their voices can be heard above the battle.

"I don't think they're in control here!" Kaminari calls, fending off three arrows with his knife in quick succession.

Todoroki keeps it short, as he's occupied by a particularly talented and devious alchemist. "Why?"

Kaminari shakes his head, voice hollow as he addresses his former leader. "Look in their eyes."

The 'Prince' does so, his own eyes widening at the unknowing terror in his enemies' pupils. "Holy fucking shit," he mutters. "How do we stop this?" he yells to Kaminari. A moment later, he half-answers his own question. "We're going to need a miracle."

"A miracle...?" Kaminari echoes, eyes trained on his opponent and brain whirring. "Jiro!" he yells. "Time to use the shit we got, yeah?"

"Fuck!" is the answer. Jiro is not dealing great with the bombshell Yaoyorozu dropped on her, and that's quite clear to anyone who can hear her. Nobody actually can hear Jiro over the sounds of battle, but that's not the point. She digs in her satchel, pulls out an egg, and cracks it with one hand. Goopy egg white drips down her hand, but the yolk is nowhere to be seen.

And then a golden mist spreads over the blood-soaked field, over the blood-soaked sky, over the blood-soaked people dancing to the melody of death.

And
                their

eyes.

They shine.

They shine with the light of a million universes as the curse breaks.

They shine with the light of blossoming tears that slip down their cheeks as they drop their weapons.

Their eyes shine
     because
              they're
                                                 FREE.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

My head snaps up as manic giggles echo through the air.