How to Survive in a Broken World

Hey everyone! I think I might try to write the entire rest of this story and then publish it all at once, but it might take a while. I'm sorry about this, but I think it'll be easiest and the quality of the chapters will likely increase. Please hang in there!

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

We get to Jiro's PoV eventually-

"I will hunt them down." Iida's looking determinedly at Todoroki, unmovable in his decision.

Todoroki glares at his fellow leader, then narrows his eyes. "Fine, go. You're one of the best we have here and I trust you enough to do it. But make it quick, and kill the traitors. No mercy."

Iida spares only enough time to give Todoroki a quick bow before zooming off in the direction Kaminari and Jiro were reported to take. Todoroki goes back to absent-mindedly sketching out his plans.

How did it all collapse? he wonders dully. It's not the first time he's asked himself this question. How did everything come to this?

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

"I don't understand what you're saying," Kirishima says, tone perfectly cordial but face cold as he surveys the two pink-haired girls in front of him.

"It's perfectly simple," Mina says cooly. "We're offering to team up. You need us and to be frank we need you." This is, unfortunately, true: with the Yaoyorozu Kingdom falling into decay and the Lost Kingdom... well, lost, the Toshinori Kingdom needs more allies and more resources. "What do you say?"

Uraraka looks over Mina and Hatsume, weighing the possibilities. She sticks out a hand. "It's an alliance."

Kirishima's eyes flick in his friend's direction, but he trusts her so he, too, offers his hand. Mina shakes it, and Hatsume clasps Uraraka's hand in hers.

"The first thing to do is to track down a certain few rebels... and a Princess," Hatsume says.

Uraraka smiles and slips her arm through Hatsume's. "Of course, unfortunately, there is not a chance of their being left alive."

"Unfortunately, there is none," Hatsume agrees.

Kirishima smiles, revealing his sharp teeth. He offers an arm to Mina, a perfect and bloodthirsty gentleman in all respects. "I'm looking forward to it."

They start off East, planning and plotting as they go.

The alliance is official; but needless to say neither side trusts the other.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

I wriggle a bit. "I need to breathe," I reprimand Yaoyorozu. She loosens her grip, but not much. Her nose is buried in my back.

"I've never gone this fast before!" she says. I suspect it would be a screech if her words weren't so muffled.

"Nor have I," I say, patting Horse. "This is pretty impressive."

Horse doesn't waste breath on me. I suspect he knows about the plan in regards to Yaoyorozu. Kaminari and I can't trust her, and if Todoroki didn't send someone as soon as we disappeared he will have by now.

That's one threat to our lives already.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the other Kingdoms want the missing Princess too. Her blood is in the prophecy, and everyone wants her blood. Some so they can bring about the return of the Lost Kingdom- and some so they can prevent it forever.