How to Converse With a Magic Mirror

Well, it's Jiro's PoV eventUALLY I mean I got a plot to move along here

Kaminari makes no noise as he slips into the arranged meeting spot. He's hyper-aware of the red-haired male in the greenery around him as he sits himself down on a log.

"Kirishima Eijiro," he says, "of the Bakugo Kingdom. A servant wildly in love with the Prince."

Kirishima places the barrel of his gun on the back of Kaminari's head by way of greeting. "You know more than you should about palace life, as usual."

The runaway rebel stands, because he knows full well his information is too precious for Kirishima to kill him. Sure enough, the gun drops and is stuffed into Kirishima's back pocket. "So, what's the news?" Kirishima asks.

Kaminari's eyelids lower. He has to be careful how much he tells and how much he keeps secret. He conversed with Horse long on the subject, and they decided on a shaky outline. "I am travelling with both Jiro and Yaoyorozu, as I'm sure you know. We have many of the Assets in the Prophecy."

Kirishima laughs without a trace of humour. "That all?"

"Let's see how much you can tell me and perhaps you'll get more," Kaminari says.

The red-haired devil lowers his head in a small nod. "Very well. You cannot trust me or the girls from the Toshinori Kingdom, but you can trust my fellow Bakugo Kingdomer, Uraraka, even less. And the Prophecy you think refers to her talks rather about the True Princess."

"Cryptic as always," Kaminari remarks drily.

Kirishima shakes his head. If only Kaminari knew the phenomonal importance of those words.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

The rebels have an unwanted guest, and Todoroki is firmly convinced she's crazy.

He's pretty much right.

"Ooh, is that dragon blood?" she squeals, pointing at a vial of maroon liquid.

"Yes," is the laconic answer. Oh, and would you look at that, the only remaining leader thinks bitterly. The blood's right next to the empty spot where the vision pearl you stole used to be.

He doesn't actually have proof that this Toga person stole it, but circumstantial evidence + gut feeling = this is one sussy baka.

Unfortunately for everyone, Todoroki's gut feeling is right.

♥✿❀♪pov switch, to Jiro!♪❀✿♥

I look at the Princess sadly as we weave quietly through the forest, Horse trotting docilely behind.

She's cut herself on a branch, crimson blood dripping slowly down (hmm, always thought royal blood was blue). I wonder vaguely if it'd be enough to fulfil the Prophecy-- but no. The Prophecy definitely says,

The life and blood of Princess True
Shall bring worlds Lost all back to you

...and the 'life' part suggests she'll have to die.

So, we probably good. But I stop her anyway, winding a piece of white cloth around the wound. Her arm is so soft and white, even after all these months out of Palace safety and in the middle of the fierce elements. What is her secret? Fairy gifts at birth, probably. Yaoyorozu is lean but her arms are actually quite muscly, I realise as I'm applying the bandage.

"Jiro," she says. I stiffen. Has she ever said my name like that before?

I shake my head inconspicuously and fiercely. Nope. No thinking about the very pretty girl you have to kill like that. "Yeah?"

"Never mind," she mutters as I tie off the bandage. I shrug and continue storming through the forest. Mirror, mirror, your help would mean a lot. Why is this Princess so. FuckiNG. HOT.

Jiro, Jiro, were you born today? The Princess is hot because you're fucking gay, is the sardonic reply.

Holy fuck! I did NOT expect an answer to that! Don't you have to be looking at the mirror? Is it possible for someone of my poor, tender years to die of a heart attack?!

Wait. Hold up. What did that bitch say?

Mirror, mirror, you little bitch I should drop you in the sea, being gay doesn't mean you love with every girl you see.

So then, you're just in love with her then.

I am not sure if I should be madder that the mirror isn't rhyming or that I'm supposedly in love with the Princess.

"Jiro? Can you hear me?" Yaoyorozu's worried voice snaps me back to reality. "Jiro?" I nod. "It's the seven-mile boots, right?"

"Yeah," I say. A flash of colour that stands out against the rest of the forest catches my eyes, and I put a finger against Yaoyorozu's lips to warn her to be quiet. "Fuck," I mutter, at the sight of a familiar pair of glasses. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck."

I turn to Yaoyorozu, pushing her towards Horse. All of my plans surrounding the Princess slip out of my mind and all I can think is protect, protect, protect.

So, I turn to the second leader of the rebels with the dark certainty he must be killed.

I think Iida realises my intentions. He looks at me slightly sadly for a moment and shakes his head, allowing me a second of preparation. "Jiro," is all he says, and then Iida's rushing towards me with a long and very sharp sword.

"Iida," I hiss, pulling my dagger out of my boot and throwing the amazing article of footwear at him. It strikes Iida's forehead and he grimaces, stabbing towards me with the sword. I parry, rather sad that my dagger is so short, and kick him in the nuts.

"Bitch," he manages to say.

"Well, I'm not trying to fight fair here," I reply, kicking him onto the floor in the temporary moment I have and standing on him, taking his sword as I do so. I slit his throat, grimly satisfied by the deep gurgle and the pool of crimson blood that he's got no chance of survival. "I'm trying to kill you."

Horse appears beside me, Yaoyorozu on his back. "I think you succeeded."

I breathe out, turning my head away from the corpse in front of me. I realise I'm trembling, and try to distract myself by retrieving my boot and stuffing my dagger and foot back in. "Fuck," I say again, hugging myself. "Let's get out of here."

"Should we really just... leave him there?" Yaoyorozu asks doubtfully. I can't bring myself to look at her, scared that I'll see hate or fear or digust in her eyes.

I shrug, and prepare to fight through the forest again. "We should really check to see if he has any magic items, then cut him up until he either looks like he's been attacked by animals or like a mess of flesh and blood."

Yaoyorozu touches my shoulder gently. "I'll check for the items. We can leave him how he is, nobody will find him." She busies herself searching the body.

I look at her: a fair Princess dirtying her perfect hands with the blood of a rebel. How can she do such things after the life she's lived? How can she do them when I can't? How can she do them with that ethereal grace that hovers around like a wispy coat of magic?

I don't know.

"Hey, he has the Seven-Mile Boots!" Yaoyorozu says, turning around and displaying them for me to see. There's a huge smile on her face, and it makes me want to smile back.

The mirror snickers from inside my pack.

Oh, fuck, I think.

♥✿❀♪pov switch♪❀✿♥

The sea is the colour of the night, black and blue and stormy purple. It's rough, and if there's any life beneath the waves it doesn't show. Storm clouds, heavy and ominous, crackle with impending thunder.

A large wave, big enough to block out half the sky, rises out of the ocean. It hovers over the shore, ready to crash.

When it does, war will come.

I ENJOY METAPHORS. >:)

Hope you enjoyed, see you next time!