Prolougue

23:59

20/4/86

"So do you think the curse is real?"

"I hope not I really don't wanna get cursed"

"Yeah same, let's get out of here I'm scared!"

"You guys are bunch of pussies, obviously it isn't real"

"Stop jinxing it! Guys I'm leaving i don't want to do this"

"Fine, go, we don't need a crybaby moaning every five seconds"

"You can't say I warned you! When you're found dead in a ditch don't come crying to me!"

"That didn't even make sense"

"Whatever! Bye!"

...

"I guess it's just us three now...alone, at night, in the middle of a "haunted mansion", weird noises surround us, and I'm about to piss myself"

"I told you to go to the bathroom before we left! You never wanna-"

"Guys! Stop arguing, focus on the task at hand, we need to find the mirror, which according to map it should be somewhere around here"

The teens started scurrying around the vast area around them, opening draws, checking underneath old furniture and repeating the process several times but to no avail. Until they walked down a narrow corridor and were faced with a door, a door that stood out from the rest, it had strange carvings upon it and its once bright red colour was dimmed with age. One of the teens grasped the icy door handle and opened it, feeling a harsh cold wind bash against them. The teens walked in. The room was empty there was only a large intricately designed mirror hanging on a mouldy wall as it's centrepiece.

"We found it! Quick! Roll the camera"

One of the teens obeyed their friends orders and started fiddling with their camcorder and starting the video.

"So what do we do now?"

"I guess we could try and summon a demon or something"

"Are you absolutely mental?"

"Yes"

"Wow."

"My camera is running out of battery I can't record for long so hurry up"

"Ok I think I'll just talk to it. Hello we come in peace"

...

"Try again"

"Hello?! Are you deaf or something? Answer us"

...

One of them got closer to the mirror and touched its surface leaving a greasy mark on it

"Egh forget it, the stupid ghost doesn't wanna come out I-"

The mirror started moving ever so slightly which caught the attention of all the teens.

"Hey did you guys see that?"

"Yeah"

The teen with the camera walked closer to the mirror and stood in front of it in the hope they would get a better shot. Suddenly they noticed a black dot on the mirror which wasn't there before.

"There's a black dot on the mirror"

"And? It's probably nothing, it's an old mirror" a teen spoke inattentively.

"No seriously it's getting bigger, I thin-"

...

"Hey why did you stop talking"

Both the teens turned towards their friend.

"Huh? Where did ??? go? "

Suddenly a loud banging noise came from the mirror, the two friends snapped their heads toward the reflective object and were shocked by the view. ??? was stuck inside the mirror, black liquid was pouring out of their eyes, ??? kept banging hard upon the surface of their  cage hoping their friends would helped them.

"Quick! Let's get ??? out of there!"

"How?!"

"Break the mirror!"

The two teens rushed towards the mirror and harshly threw it on the ground. Shards of glass went flying in the air and the deafening sound of glass shattering echoed through the room.

Then silence.

From the broken pieces of glass a figure of a man emerged. His stoic expression accompanied by his fierce gaze sent shivers down the two teens spines.

"Who are you?!"

"Give us our friend back!"

"Thank you for freeing me from my cage I am forever grateful....as for your friend, your friend will never come back, your friend is lost, lost in the realms of mirrors for eternity."

"Huh?! What are you saying you creep?!"

"You still haven't answered my question you fucking weirdo"

The ghostly figure's face darkened. A smile crept upon his face as one of the teens stared chocking, struggling to get air in their lungs

"AAAAH" the remaining teen shouted

"I do not appreciate disrespect, I've been kind enough to look over the fact you have trespassed my property and even showed my gratitude try and be a little nicer towards me"

"NICE?! YOU'RE KILLING MY FRIEND"

"And I'll kill you next"

✞✞✞

[Edited]