13|Time

Sylvian paced around his secret room, the same old cobwebs hid between the crevices of  ancient furnishings, various fully melted candles decorated the old chandelier, some of the furniture was used as a resting place for his furs, silks and priceless jewellery of which he had collected over the years. Sylvian finally came to a halt and dropped himself on his regency style fuchsia pink chaise lounge of which was covered in clothes. Moving them to one side, he laid dramatically on the velvety surface, his arm reached around trying to find his lute normally placed near the perimeter of the sofa. His hand blindly traced various unidentified objects then to one he was more familiar with. The delicate strings caressed his hand gave him an indication that he found what he was looking for. Grabbing the object by its wooden neck, he placed the instrument on his torso and started playing a melodic tune.

This song was played by his dear mother back in 1725, he was only a child back then, around eight years of age and had the pleasure of being blissfully unaware of the events that were to unfold in the near future. The demon could remember himself and his siblings attentively listening to their mother's song luring them into peaceful slumber. His mother was a tough cookie, her love was given through actions instead of words, she never said "I love you" to any of her kids. This greatly affected Sylvian, he was too young to realise his mother's indirect ways to show love and appreciation, for many years he though he was the issue, the unlovable son. But after reaching an age of maturity he was able to see the truth, but by that time he was too late.

His father on the other hand was very protective of his family, he would obsess over securing a good life for his children. They were already immensely wealthy but he wanted their wealth to last through generations, he wanted a dynasty, and on his pursuit of reaching his goals, he would often sacrifice his time with his family to work. His father showed more emotions than his mother, he was really loving towards all of his kids however he did possess a soft spot for Sylvian, his father could see that his son was a gentle and sensitive boy, he was very different from his brothers, he preferred hanging out with his sisters as he found the things they would do for entertainment more amusing, Sylvian's brothers would often bully him for this. They would call him a girl in boy's clothing, or derogatory words of which he wouldn't be able to comprehend.

His father would often call him his little prince, and always gifted him the best presents during Christmas and other special occasions, whilst also making sure not to spoil him, he wanted his son to realise his privilege, coming from a humble lay background himself, he had learned to appreciate the little things and wanted his children to follow by his example, of course that proved to be a challenge as living in an extraordinary home such as Redwater manor, highly increased his children's ego...apart from Sylvian's, his special boy, he reminded him of himself as a child, a delicate soul with an undiscovered darkness...

July 1725 afternoon

Sylvian sat on his father lap analysing a toy he had stolen from his brother's room out of spite for picking on him, Mr Redwater was engrossed in his work, flipping through pages of documents laid across his desk. They were both in his father's private study, books surrounded them and great mahogany furniture complimented the muti coloured book covers. 

"Father?"

"Yes my son,"

"Why do people love each other?"

"Good question, I suppose the reason why someone loves somebody, is because their fondness for an individual became so incredibly strong, unbearable even, that they can no longer contain their powerful emotions within such a limiting level of intimacy, therefore they would use love to express their passion." Mr Redwater replied, his gaze still focused on his documents.