007|Valley of death

Where am I?
All I can see is darkness,
My body feels like it's floating,
Soaring,
Through emptiness.

My mind is spinning,
The light inside me is dimming,
And...

...And yet the fight within's one heart is yelling, shouting to fight on...

✞♡︎✞

Y/n opened her eyes and was greeted by shadowy moors that were occasionally lit by the lighter patches of the stormy midnight sky whenever lightning struck in the heavens, there was no moon so there was no reliable light source that would guide her through her journey, she had to rely on thunder and lightning. Even though the weather was tempestuous, no rain fell which gave off an aura calmness and tranquility, something Y/n had rarely experienced, it was only until recently that she found a bit of happiness in life. She was finally free from the chains of misery that her past life trapped her in...and by past life she meant her life with her ex-boyfriend, he was charismatic and friendly when around people but behind closed doors it was a completely different story, he was a great actor, he liked to keep a facade to sell people a fake reality. When y/n broke up with him he was more concerned about how friends and family would view him instead of actually focusing on the relationship.

"You selfish bitch! Are you trying to ruin me?"

He forced her to stay with him. He took out his anger on her constantly, If she'd allow this cycle to continue, it would be the end of her. So she escaped. She bought the manor in secret, packed her belongings and hid them around the house. She left through the backdoor and never looked back. The weather in this nightmarish world reminded her much of the day she escaped.

The woman sighed and started walking down the hill she woke upon. The grass felt humid and soft beneath her feet. She had a completely different outfit to what she had on before at the...what happened before?

...

She was wearing a white nightgown with red stitched designs around the hem, it loosely hugged her body. It didn't provide much warmth as the fabric was thin and she couldn't help but shiver whenever a cold gust of wind hit her body.

She was now at the bottom of the hill. She looked around, Y/n had no idea where to go, this place was so disorienting and gave her an uncanny feeling of nostalgia. There was a forest ahead of her and decided to go inside it. The leaves of threes were waving slowly in the wind, from afar it looked like a calm sea of green. There wasn't any wildlife amongst the shrubbery or the earth, the forest was deathly silent and could hear the wind whistling in her ear.

She kept walking.

A tree with a mirror carved inside it. The (e/c) coloured eyed girl inched closer to inspect it. She didn't see her reflection, only one of a complete stranger. She looked pretty young. She had white hair, her lips were blue as well as her nose, she was really pale and had a boney face. She had no eyes, the place where they were supposed to be was flat, she only had thin eyebrows on to of that patch of skin.

Was she dead?

Y/n touched the smooth and cold surface. Suddenly the girl in the glass woke up and started banging repeatedly on the mirror, she looked distressed and desperate to get out.

"Let me out! Let me out!"

"Please calm down, how can I help you?"