010|Theres no place like home

Y/n jolted awake. She was in a room, one she had never seen before, her eyes scanned around the it, inspecting every nook and cranny, the walls displayed a beautiful soft pattern and the wooden flooring looked worn out but managed to retain elements of charm. The place was bright and airy thanks to the large vintage windows across her, they were open and she could feel a pleasant breeze caressing her body. The girl laid on a large luxurious bed with red satin sheets draped over her, she wore a feminine nightgown, primrose pink in colour and had a matching bow on her wrist, which made her wonder how she got in it in the first place, she was sure she was wearing something else earlier, her memory too blurred to remember if her notion held any truth.

How did she get here? The girl felt trapped in a never ending cycle of falseness. The room she found herself almost seemed heavenly and somewhat liminal. She rubbed her temples, easing the aching pain she felt in her head, recalling as best as she could all the events that happened before, but to her dismay she was only met with haze and fragmented images of the past;

A mirror in a forest and long whitish hair...why is this all so abstract? I am sure that I've experienced something not too long ago, I'm certain, how could I have forgotten so easily? I'm starting to question my existence. Am I imagining all of this?

She placed her hand on her forehead, her headache significantly increased its pain, punching her head violently. An agonised groan escaped her lips. It was almost like the headache was trying to stop her from remembering. She slipped out of bed and stumbled against the icy cold floor, her palms pressed on the surface to help with stabilising her body. The whole world was spinning around her. With the little energy she had left she managed to push her back against the bottom of the bed. The woman breathed heavily, at that very moment she thought all of this was over...

But it was far from it.

Sylvian entered the room carrying a tray with a tea set, he had a spring to his step as he would soon be reunited with his darling, he heard noises coming from the guest room, (the one in which he'd have to stay because y/n claimed his bedroom for herself) and assumed that it was her. He placed the tray on a small cupboard, all this time oblivious to what just happened and when he finally turned around he was faced with an empty bed.

"Y/n?"

His heart dropped, where did she go? He frantically started search around the room,

"Y/n! Did you leave me? Y/n!"

He stripped the watery red sheets from the bed and opened every wardrobe, until he was interrupted by a weak female voice coming across from him.

"I'm...here."

Sylvian rushed to the side of the bed and found his darling breathing heavily and looking sickly pale, she was drenched in sweat and her hair was in a mess.

"Y/n!" He fell to floor next to her and wrapped his strong hands around her body. "What happened to you?"

"Sylvian am I dreaming? Are you real?"

"Am I that ethereal, that you think my beauty could only exist in the realm of dreams?" He chuckled lightening the mood.

Y/n barley managed to muster a smile "I'm serious Sylvian."

"Hmm I would take advantage of this situation if you weren't sick" oh how I wish I was an incubus...- wait! What am I thinking, taking advantage of a helpless human woman in the middle of the day, how immoral...I need to take a shower after this.