011|Like a child

Trebling in her towel, y/n gripped onto the material. She sat on the bed of her room looking down at the water stained note; don't forget what I told you, help me, bring justice to my friends. It must have been the hundredth time reading the note and still failed to extract any meaning out of it. She closed her eyes and drifted into a concentrated mission to obtain the missing pieces of her memory. Y/n went over the vague things she could remember.

Whitish hair.

Forest.

Mirror.

Whitish hair.

Forest.

Girl.

Mirror.

Whitish hair.

Forest.

Girl.

Mirror- wait!

Y/n rapidly opened her eyes.

Forest. Girl. Mirror. The girl stuck in a mirror in the forest.

The answer came to her subconsciously, she had previously lacked a detail, the most important one, the girl. However the whitish hair was still a mystery, it had no correlation with the girl, proving the act of remembering a more tedious task than what it was supposed to be. The most important thing right now was the fact that she was one step closer to completing the puzzle in her mind. She looked down at the letter once more, everything started to make sense, her memory started to flood back and was able to recall her meeting with the ghost girl, unfortunately that's how far it went as everything else after that became a blur.

With vigour she hopped off the bed and threw on some clothing. The look of determination was plastered across her face, however this sudden burst of energy halted. Y/n might of successfully recalled parts of her memory, however, how was she going to apply that information into helping the ghost girl? She didn't know where to start, the note was extremely vague, and there were no clues hiding amongst the words upon it. Perhaps she could ask help from someone, perhaps ask help from the farm boy, she needed to head to the village but not before the meal she kindly asked Sylvian to prepare earlier on. Running downstairs she found him in the kitchen cutting some vegetables, the aromas from the bubbling soup brought great pleasure to her nostrils. She sat down on one of the stools by the island.

The demon turned around to face her, he could feel her energy in the room.

"Are you alright? What happened in the bathroom?"

Y/n was hesitant on replying. She didn't want to involve Sylvian in this. There was already so much going on she didn't need an other layer of complication.

"Yes...I'm alright, nothing major happened."

"Judging from that blood curdling scream, I'd have to disagree."

"It's nothing, I was just being dramatic."

The being looked at her, clenching his knife.

"I don't like being lied to, y/n, I thought we on a level where we could trust each other." He began to chop the vegetables more violently.

"Then you should trust me when I say that it was an overreaction Sylvian."

No response. The woman could feel how tense the energy was in the room.

"Anyways, I'll be going to the village later, I'll be back in an hour or so."

"No!" He violently tuned his head towards y/n again.

"Why?"

"It'll be too dark outside. It's already four."

"I'll be alright I can look after myself."

"You're not going."

Y/n stood up from her seat.

"You can't tell me what to do, I'm going no matter what." The girl scrunched up her face, she was trying to keep her anger in check. She was aware she was about to get into a heated argument with a demon, who knew what he was capable of.

"I SAID YOU'RE NOT GOING"

"I refuse to follow your orders!"

"You're living under my roof y/n. My rules!"

"I bought it! It's mine now Sylvian."

The strands of his hair started to levitate and little by little the whole chunks followed. His eyes started to grow red.

"You...how dare you." He walked towards her. Grabbing her neck with one hand. "Don't you ever say that again."

Sylvian was unrecognisable, something wasn't right. He seemed on edge, Why would anyone go ballistic over such a minor thing.

He harshly let go of her and continued cooking as if nothing happened. Y/n stood there in shock. She immediately left room, loudly shutting the door behind her. The girl stormed back up the stairs and into her room.

Ever since she woke up she felt like the environment around her was caving in, trapping her. Was it payback for her previous sins? Karma? She'd hope that the argument with Sylvian was the last wave of misfortune.
She was now stuck, her body flat on the bed counting the wrinkles of the bedsheets- a grown adult acting like a sulking child who'd just recently been apprehended by their teacher. Maybe she went too far with the house statement she spouted out at Sylvian in the kitchen...guilt. However she did feel like Sylvian was being so harsh on her...Did she do something wrong?

She tossed and tuned on the surface of the mattress, all these invasive thought were distracting her from what she was set out to do in the first place- unveiling the truth behind the dead girls friends.

Y/n checked her phone for the time. 17:25 (5:25).

She wasted a whole hour and twenty five minutes. Great. Getting up off the bed she started tying the bedsheets together. One by one. Meticulously knotting and checking the knots during the process. She was going to the village no matter what. Y/n opened the window and carried the heavy material with her, throwing it over the ledge she looked down. If she dropped it wouldn't prove fatal however she would definitely break a bone. Without further ado she tied the end of the material to the corner of the bed. Trying to build up the courage to climb down, she looked below once again.

*Knock knock*

"Y/n...come and eat something, we can discuss about you going to the village later..."

...

"Y/n...please answer me.."

...

The door flew open. Sylvian found her mounting the window ledge with a guilty grin on her face.

"...Sylvian...hey"

✞✞✞

A/NI would like to wish everyone a very late Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! Thank you all for reading my story and supporting it by voting

A/N
I would like to wish everyone a very late Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
Thank you all for reading my story and supporting it by voting. I can't believe that it has reached 1.4K views!!! Thank you so much ^o^♡♡♡

I promise there will be more y/n x Sylvian action later on- I'm still trying to figure out the whole storyline (I didn't plan it before hand 😓) so I hope the story is making sense and that you're enjoying it :))

That's all for now,
Byee