20|Squid

I arrived earlier than expected?- what does he mean by that?

A faint chuckle emitted from the man's mouth,

"You must be confused," he started, crouching down to y/n's level "I'll explain everything in due time...-"

"Who are you?"

"You've already forgotten me?"

His words triggered a rush of memories to infiltrate her mind. His pale hair and golden eyes were features she had seen before.

"You're the duke,"

"Smart girl," the duke smiled before reaching his hand out to take a leaf out of her dishevelled h/c hair. "Now you must excuse me for my indecency,"

His hand gently trailed down the side of her face attempting to clean off the access grime and dirt caused by her falling down the hole.

"What happened to you?"

"Well...it's actually quite bizarre, a child pushed me down a hole but I can't remember anything prior to that."

"That is quite bizarre...you must have found a portal."

"A portal?"

"Yes, you see...you're in a different realm, the only way to get here is if you drink folium water or find a portal, in this case, the hole was your portal. Anyone who is able to travel between realms is given one portal, if the portal breaks or closes you will not be able to return-"

"But what about the folium water?"

"The ingredients needed to create the drink are only found in this realm...now it's important to mention that folium water only works on earth so if your portal closes and you're here in the underworld, you'll be stuck here forever."

"But what if-"

"My, you're full of questions today" he chuckled "lets us continue in the gardens- Teresa!"

Within seconds a rush of footsteps was heard outside the bedroom doors.

"Yes my gracious lord!"

"Come in,"

The little redheaded woman walked in, her eyes widened at sight in front of her- her gracious and glorious lord half naked, fresh-faced and hot from the shower contrasting lady y/n's haggard appearance. A rush of emotions took over her, the excitement of seeing y/n again and the embarrassment of catching the master with so little clothing became too much for the woman to handle.

"Teresa, please prepare a bath for y/n,"

"Y-y-y-yesss m-m-my lo-rd!" Teresa struggled.

"Are you alright Teresa? You seem feverish-Ah you're bleeding from your nose," The duke replied.

"I-mm quite- alright-t my grac-ious l-lord-"

Thump

Within the blink of an eye, Teresa faced flat on the floor, her body in a plank position stiff on the floor.

The Duke exhaled in exasperation and slowly walked near to the fainted girl, flipped her over then picked her up bridal style.

"Please excuse me for a moment I need to take Teresa to the doctor's office-wait here, I'll go get Lucius, he'll prepare the bath for you."

"Alright, thank you."

With a polite smile, he closed the bedroom doors behind him.

Y/n was now alone, it felt slightly strange being in a bedroom of a person whom she had no strong relationship with. Most of all it felt awkward, she didn't know whether to sit down on a nearby chair or stand up, she didn't want to be disrespectful and search for clues...