Retrogress

(Just a reminder that this chapter is solely based on Jesse! Also how this is not beta read. we die like men)

I took my sweet time pickin' a shirt until I set my eyes on a flannel that'll do fine with a black shirt and jeans. Because of Deadlock, I never 'ad the chance to actually go t'school but I was pretty riled up for the first day - After all, there's a chance to see Han again. Once I got ready, I looked at ma reflection one last time before I went downstairs ta prepare the last of ma stuff. The Parkers had left nothin' on the table for lil ol' me so I grabbed some Carne Adovada from the fridge, wrapped it in foil, and threw it inta the toaster oven.

While waitin' for ma food, I took a look around the livin' room. The walls around the house were pretty borin' since they took down all the photos of lil ol' me and replaced them with their cats, Luke and Leia. Speakin' of the devil, Luke had just come out o' his hidin' place and started whinin'.

      "Alright Luke I'm comin'."

I went back inta the kitchen, took out the cat food from the bottom cabinet, and poured it inta both of their bowls. It pisses me off that I gotta take care of the cats while the Parkers are lolligagin', but the cats have gotten a likin' t'me and I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't either. Leia probably heard her brother eatin' because she joined him a few seconds after. With the both of 'em fed, I made ma way back inta kitchen.

Ever since the Parkers found out I was Jesse McCree, I've been much better with revealin' ma true self and gettin' back to m'ole ways . Well I tried bein' reasonable, the Parkers didn't take to it. They told me once I got a job, they'd stop carin' for ma ass and I would hafta pay for everythin' myself. Mr. Parker's the one who sneaks some money for me once a while and tellin' me to save up - don't know why but I ain't complainin'. But Mrs. Parker's different - she'll avoid me, gimme weird looks, and finds flaws in everythin' I do. But who could blame her? She can't even stick a claim on ma bounty but even if she tried, she wouldn't live ta tell the tale. The dingin' of the oven snapped me outta ma thoughts so I took out the foil with ma bare hands and dumped the food inta a container. I let it cool for a bit while I put some rice in the microwave and packed some notebooks. Once the rice was done, I poured it in the same container, separatin' the carne down the middle with a fork t'make room. I closed the lid shut and grabbed the rest of ma stuff, makin' ma way towards the door until I was stopped by Luke an' Leia. They both got outta their sittin' positions t'stand in front of the door with their tails up ta the sky.

I began clickin' my tongue, "c'mere guys." I cooed as I motioned them towards me.

The both of 'em came soon after, pressin' their heads against my legs. I crouched down and put ma food aside to give a few strokes before I got back up. With ma backpack and food in hand, I walked outta the house and began movin' out.

~.~

The school was just comin' inta ma view, an offwhite buildin' with multiple floors and wide enough t'fit a baseball field. Before I could take a second look a loud bell played into the speakers, Kids runnin' towards the entrances. We were all like sittin' ducks and it really started to get on ma nerves an' after 2 minutes, I did what any other student would've done,

      "Outta ma way!"

I started jabbin' ma elbows at people's sides and kickin' any rollin' backpacks, which got a lot of kids cursin'. I must've gotten this one kid real pissed because he yelled out

       "Who the hell-!"

Before I heard the rest, this loud Thump came from 'is location and a bunch of kids just ignored it completely - Guess he's one of those bullies.

I saw M-1 in the corner of ma eye and walked in there as quick as I could, which was hard wit' people pilin' at the door. Once I got inside, my eyes were goin' all ova the place - I gotta admit, this room had some taste! I was able to spot some photos of Overwatch - The gorilla, Ana, little Fareeha, m'self.. Damn I look good in this! Lookin' at this made me happy that I pretty much look the same, except that ma hair was a little longer and I had no signs of a beard growin' anytime soon. I resumed lookin' at the photos and felt ma stomach lurch at the face of Reyes. I haven't seen him in a while but I heard he's this weird blob of fog now and is workin' with Talon. Moira's supposedly in Oasis and well, Genji's in Overwatch. I started thinkin' about Blackwatch and some of the dumb shit we did - I'm not gonna lie, I kinda miss it. I turned away from the pictures and started lookin' around for a seat. I was about t'sit wit' the emo kids but a top knot in ma peripheral vision told me otherwise. His outfit also caught my eye; a simple turtleneck with a chain was something Han would definitely wear. With that, I went over to their desks and sat across from him and his friend. I kept my hands firmly at ma sides and greeted the both o' them.