Choking on flowers

Hanzo's POV
    Today is my first day of first grade and this will be the first I see Jesse after 104 days of summer vacation. This is really exciting for me, especially because the only friend I have here is our pitbull, Rocket . I put on my best polo and khakis and got ready. Once I was finished with breakfast, I took my lunch and bolted towards my mom's car. Once we arrived at the school, the plants caught my eye. The variety of flowers and biodiversity really showed how well they kept the school. At 8 sharp, the bell chimed and children came stampeding towards their classrooms. I was hoping to get a glimpse of Jesse, but there was no luck. I hope he is in my classroom or in the playground somewhere. Once I got inside, a tall and intimidating woman stood with her arms crossed as if she hated us from the start. "Hello class. I am Ms. Fleur and I will be teaching you all for this school year."
Jesse's POV
    It is 8:10 am and the bell has just rang. Looking at all the concrete uniformed buildings, really ruined my mood. Going into my classroom for the first time was nerve-racking. I couldn't find hanny and I started to think the worst. What if he's somewhere else? What if he moved away? I have no way of communicating with him and I don't know what I'll do without him. A man with his hair tied back in a bun introduced himself as Mr. Santos. His friendly attitude helped me calm my nerves but his smile looked too familiar. After staring for some time I couldn't ignore the resemblance between him and Hanny, I couldn't help but tear up as I felt my face heat up with embarrassment. Covering my eyes and mouth, I ran to the bathroom. I felt as if I was gonna vomit. I heard rapid footsteps as Mr. Santos rushed in. "I'm sorry I ran out.." I didn't want to tell my teacher the full story so I lied saying I got nervous. Mr. Santos comforts me for a bit and tells me to wash my face before I leave. After my breakdown, I realized how much I missed him.
                             ~•~
Hanzo's POV
    Lunch had started and I had some hope that I would see Jesse . After I finished my lunch, I decided to go into the playground and try to look for him. The playground was a dull place, full of children who seemed to keep to themselves. During the whole lunch, no one bothered socialising with me, let alone share. However, once the bell rang, a girl bumped into me. She seemed different from the others, but I couldn't point out what it was. She introduced herself as Kim, short for Kimberly. She had short raven hair with hazel eyes. I introduced myself as Lucas. When returning to the classroom, I realized that Kimberly was also there and she immediately sat by me and stated "it's hard to make friends here, you're the only one who would talk to me". For the remainder of the school day, I was by her side and she was by mine. We became quick friends, and I slowly forgot about Jesse. Shortly after, the bell signaled the end of the day. When I got home, I gave my mother some papers to sign and a drawing I made in school. At 7:30 pm, I had just eaten dinner and was ready to go to bed. When I went up the stairs, I saw a photo of me with a cowboy and I completely forgot about Jesse. I felt guilty, with tears flowing down, partially blinding me. I nearly hit my foot on a nightstand but I felt an intervention preventing me from doing so. Once I rubbed my eyes, I saw my noodles again. "Saké!, Soba! Oh how much I've missed you both!" To see them right in front of my eyes when I needed them most, made me feel much better. Before I went to sleep, an idea sparked. I told my noodles and in a few minutes time, they were off.

Jesse's POV
    I had no luck making any friends. I felt neglected, even by my teacher. I was on my bed, thinking of where Hanny could be. I had no way of knowing, which stressed me out even more. It could be years until I see him again and I'm afraid he will forget me. All these possibilities were flooding my mind. Until I heard a knock on the window. It was Hanny's dragons! They carried a letter from Hanny that told me about his school and how his first day went. I responded and told him how much I really miss him. I realized that his dragons could help us stay together, no matter what happens. The next morning, I woke up to tea brewing in the kitchen. As I drank the Rose petal tea, I choked on the petals but I was able to catch my breath once I drank some more tea, forgetting about my problems before this.
{Hey guys! So during this quarantine, I have been able to play overwatch again. Playing the game and seeing my previous chapters and support really motivated me to keep writing this (Especially since my writing has gotten better). I hope this will bring you joy during a time like this and I'm extremely excited to keep going forward with this project! ❤️}