Thank you

(I read this 5 times and I still doubt that I caught all my mistakes.) 

Hey everyone! I can't believe it has been a year since I have updated this story and so much has changed including my interests and myself. But ever since the pandemic started, I feel like my writing is just not that good anymore. With that being said, I have decided that now is the time to stop writing this story. I felt that I did not have the motivation anymore and my ideas ended up staying ideas. I already had the rest of the plot planned out for this story So I will write it here:

So plot twist I guess, Kimberly was supposed to be Pharah reincarnated and the side plot was that she went missing a few months prior to the death of Hanzo and Cassidy. Helix attempted hiding this from Overwatch but they sent a team to look for her whereabouts or possible remains. Eventually they find her remains and performed a dating procedure (forgot the name) and determined that she died around the same month that Cassidy and Hanzo died (hence, why him and kimberly were able to make a quick connection in my previous chapter) she was supposed to be a volleyball player and I would incorporate her in-game lines during the matches. Actually I was going to do that for Jesse in football and Hanzo in water polo. But I never thought of a way for them to find out Kimberly was pharah and I think I scrapped the idea towards the end.

So onto the main story:

Hanzo's dog finds the dragons and with the fear that his dog could alert his parents and find them, he takes them to school where one of the dragons escapes and goes into Cassidy's backpack. At the end of the school day, Hanzo is flipping out while Cassidy is excited to see that this could be his clue to finding Hanzo. Since they were both in archery, Jesse asked for help from Hanzo and they formed a close friendship. They hang out at this abandoned home and start to connect but have no clue of their true identities. It is all revealed when this house turns out to be enemy gang territory and a shootout ensues.

Finally, Cassidy's deadeye is functional for once when he sees that Hanzo is about to get shot. Hanzo however, is ready to bring out one of his dragons, both come to the realization of their identities and are REUNITED!! Hanzo has both of his dragons back and there's a moment of peace. HOWEVER fingerprints are found on the scene which are linked to Jesse which lands him in jail and asks Hanzo's dad to defend him. (OK SO FUNNY STORY I THOUGHT OF THIS AS I WAS OBSESSED WITH ACE ATTORNEY. Ofc I had to reference it in some way.) In order to help maintain his innocence and serve as little time as possible, he had to spill gang secrets which the leader finds out and sends his men after him.

Jesse finds out they're after him and WOW, I had this whole angst scene planned out, even wrote some of it so if anyone wants it let me know lmao (I even had a song to pair it up with). But it is essentially Cassidy telling Hanzo to run away with him, start a family, and just live a nice countryside life, you know? Not only does he bring it up because he is running from the gang, but also because this is something he has thought about for so long. 

 Funny thing, I always pictured this scene at a beach. I mean I feel like Cassidy is the type of person to do some sappy shit like that. Anyways Hanzo declines because he got into a prestigious university and got a full ride. He feels that going to this university will help with the family honor and feels it's the least he could do for his parents. Of course, They get into an argument and Jesse suddenly gets a call that pauses them. It's from Mercy and how she told Overwatch that they were alive and would love to have them back.

Hanzo is reluctant  because he planned on living out the rest of his new life. Cassidy on the other hand is excited to be back in Overwatch and away from the town, but is a little bummed out that his dream just might be pushed back. I never thought of the events in between but once they were back in Overwatch, they would be sent on a mission to fight off Talon. Hanzo has a near-death experience which causes Cassidy to go berserk and defy all orders in an effort to save him. It gives him the realization that time is limited and he doesn't want to fuck up like the last time. Cassidy decides to propose to Hanzo, which he happily accepts, and they both resign from the organization.

Fast forward, my last chapter was to be based on the song this old dog by Mac Demarco ( I felt that the lyrics described their relationship perfectly. Definitely recommend a listen. ) , they would be slow dancing to the song and reflecting on their lives. They're probably in their early 40's during this chapter and they finally bring back the discussion that they had so many years ago on the beach - a family.

Sooo yeah! As I said before, most of these ideas never made it to writing which explains all the plot holes and such. I never wrote down my ideas so these are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. It's crazy to think this whole story started as a crack fic and was meant to be taken as that and no more. I always had the idea to even rewrite the first chapter and how they met their demise on a mission which would explain why Jesse reacted the way he did on their mission back. What's even crazier is that I started this story almost four years ago and looking back on these chapters, it's like I see myself grow up if that makes sense. But I thank all of you for coming on this crazy journey and for even reading this monstrosity, I wish nothing but the best for all of you. I don't know what I will do with this story but so far it looks like I will be keeping it here. Until then,

Lots of love <3

Lei