Chapter 6: Regal Sight V2

As of May 22, 2022, this chapter has been rewritten.

20th April, 1942,

Andrews Air Force Base,

Joint Base Andrews,

Maryland,

United States of America.

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, along with British Foreign Secretary Anthony Eden, US Army General Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Ambassador Winant stood on the tarmac (that had been completely sealed off by the US Secret Service and personnel from the US Army, Marines and Air Force), stretching their back, after they alighted from the US Navy's CMV-22B Osprey that ferried them from the USS George Washington.

The initial idea of using a C-2 Greyhound was shot down when it was realised that the catapult launch would seriously affect the British Prime Minister's back. Thus, the Osprey was used, which meant that the party had to visit multiple carriers in the North Atlantic Region before the last leg to Andrews. Despite all that, it was clear that the journeys in the Osprey were only marginally better.

However, men like Prime Minister Churchill and General Eisenhower still retained curiosity about the aircraft they had used for their journey. General Eisenhower theorised that the aircraft was a combination of a helicopter and a plane that could switch in mid-flight.

As the men reacquainted themselves with the solid ground, a tall <insert ethnicity> man, dressed to the nines in a fancy suit, approached the four men and held his hand out to shake. "Mister Prime Minister, General, Mr. Foreign Secretary, and Mr. Ambassador. Welcome to the United States of America. I am Evan Perry, the Secretary of State, and it is an honour and pleasure to welcome you here."

Prime Minister Churchill was the first to take the Secretary of State's hand and firmly shook it. "The pleasure is mine, young man."

He was followed by Foreign Secretary Eden and US Ambassador to the United Kingdom in 1942, John Gilbert Winant and then by General Eisenhower, who said, "You got a firm handshake, son."

Perry gave everyone a nod of acknowledgement, before he pointed a little distance away to a fleet of black Chevrolet suburbans, and more importantly two custom-built armoured Cadillac Limousines. All the cars had flags of the United States, United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and India. "Gentlemen. Allow me to introduce you to The Beast. It's the official state car of the President, and on President Potts' personal request the Secret Service have made an exception to transporting you directly to the White House in those cars." Secretary Perry said as he looked at Eisenhower, Churchill, Eden, Molotov, and the Indian Foreign Secretary. "Of course, the Secret Service was more than willing to do this when they heard that General Eisenhower was also coming."

"What makes me so special?" General Eisenhower asked in confusion.

"Former President of the United States." Perry said, much to the General's surprise.

"Well, I have to say." Churchill started. "I believe Congratulations are in order, General."

"The only thing I want to know is how and why." General Eisenhower said.

"You can access the White House Library when we reach. Maybe you can even ask the President." Perry said, before he turned to Churchill. "Prime Minister, you are scheduled for a meeting with the President."

"I see." Prime Minister Churchill said as he contemplatively looked at cars while stroking his chin. However, he quickly broke himself from contemplation as he spoke to the US State Secretary. "I am looking forward to the meeting, Mr. Perry."