Chapter 2: Time waits for no one

Misery loves company

Chapter 2: Time waits for no one

We are back with another one. I want you all to know that I love Shamy so much and even though it might not seem that way for a while I swear I am planning on a happy ending. You just have to wait and see how it is done :) Thank you so much to all of you for all the reviews and reading my story . It means more to me than you will know . Hope you love this chapter.

Also please note this chapter can be a little sensitive for some people.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Time is everything we have and don't."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Sheldon's pov:

I always hated hearing the ambulance sirens since I was young. Every time I would freeze for a short second like the one little thing triggered so many unwanted feelings and memories. There was too many thoughts that came after such a simple yet loud siren. It brought me a whole new meaning to life.

I remembered my father being whisked away in an ambulance. Time was not my friend that day. It went to quick and before I knew it I was too late. So much was happening my head was spinning trying to absorb it all. My father was there then he wasn't. My father was talking and breathing until he wasn't. All I wanted to do was turn back time to hug my father one last time or to take his pain away while he was suffering or most importantly I wanted to say goodbye.

I never got to say goodbye. Granted he wasn't the best father but in the end of the day he was still my father. I still loved him and now he was no longer there.

The ambulance siren made me think to the person who could be fighting for their lives in that very van while I did what I did everyday like the common man. I immediately felt empathy for a made up scenario in my mind which was silly. I didn't have all the facts to state that the person in there was battling between life and death but I could never shake the feeling.

I couldn't help but think about their family who probably had no clue what was happening until it was too late. To their loved ones who were probably smiling and enjoying their day but not for long. It was amazing to see how it could take just a minute to ruin your day. To ruin your whole life . So much could happen in just one minute. That was all it took but it wasn't just all the bad it was also how so much happiness can be fulfilled in a minute too if you appreciated it enough.

I hated that people had to say goodbye to people they weren't ready to say goodbye to. It reminded me of some of the most important people I had to say goodbye to. I didn't know that not only did I have to say goodbye but also learn how to live in a world without them which was the hardest part. I never ever got to say goodbye to them in person yet I still had to say it even if it was never to them.

I had to say goodbye to my Pop pop,father and meemaw. I didn't think I could have gotten through the last one without my mom,Missy,Georgie, my friends and especially Amy and Leo.I then worried about the possiblity of one of them that could be in that very ambulance and I would have no clue. It sounded absurd but my thoughts were jumping from one crazy what if to the next.

I would stop whatever I was doing once more to frantically search for my phone,then once it was found I would dial every single one of them . Sometimes it would be easier because they were together but not always.

I would feel my heart stop waiting for the ringing to cut off so I could hear their voice. Once I knew for certain that this was just that,a dream or more like a nightmare,I would exhale the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I felt a little raw and vunerable but I didn't care because I heard their voices again which I placed in my mind so I wouldn't forget.