Chapter 16: I'm not going anywhere

Misery loves company

Chapter 16: I'm not going anywhere

Back with another one :) Thank you so much to everyone who has let me know your thoughts on this story and motivated me. We are 4 chapters from finishing. Thank you so so much for all your love and support you have no idea how much it makes my day :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

You are the light that I search for when everything has gone dark ~ gemma troy
-----------------------------------------------------------

Amy's pov:

*a couple of days later*

"Happy birthday Leo !!!" We all screamed watching him walk to the TV room still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

We did this for his birthday every year. We all decorated the house and shouted surprise when he woke up. He was always surprised but this time me being here was a surprise. I was discharged early morning and Penny and Bernie helped Mary,Missy and Georgie decorate and cook breakfast for everyone.

"Mommy ?" Leo said in disbelief looking at me confused.

"Happy birthday sweetie. Did you really think I was going to miss your birthday ?" I said smiling as I saw a huge smile on his face realising I was really here.

He ran to me and hugged me as I hugged him back. I could feel his tears on my shirt now and I just hugged him tighter.

"You here mommy. You are here. " He said in disbelief still.

"Of course I am. My big boy is turning 5. "

He smiled now looking at everyone else around us and the decorations until his eyes fell on the stack of presents on the table.

"Are those all mine ? " He asked with a big smile.

"All yours. " I said.

He waved at everyone now giving a smile.

"Why don't we all get some breakfast before you open your presents ?" I said.

He nodded and everyone wished him a happy birthday and spoke to him before making their way to the breakfast buffet where they helped themselves. Leo stood there looking at a photo by the TV. It was all three of us. Sheldon,Leo and me. His smile then vanished.

"Do you miss him Leo ?" I asked.

He nodded looking at me with tears in his eyes," When I saw you here I thought I would see him to. He never missed my birthday. " .

"I know Leo but he is getting better which is a good thing. I miss him so much to and he is really trying to come back. Do you want to see him today ? " I asked.

"I do. I want to see him. " He said sounding certain then looked at me and continued,"I'm glad you are here mommy. " He said hugging me trying to show me I wasn't forgotten even though he missed Sheldon.

"I'm glad I'm here too. Why don't we get you some food before everyone eats it. "

He put his hand in mine as we walked to the kitchen as I dished up for him.He sat with his friends now eating and laughing. He then looked at me and held out his hand so that his pinky,index finger and thumb were up and all his other fingers were down. It looked like what spiderman did but not downwards. It was the one sign language thing I taught him ever since we tried to teach the gorilla's sign language and I picked up some things along the way.

It meant I love you. He was saying I love you in sign language. It was our thing. I told him if he was at a loss of words and couldn't express them he could express it with his hands. I repeated the same thing back to him which made him smile then continued to talk with his friends.